Terminal transfer at SYD

Old April 9th, 2005, 07:41 AM
John H

From this site
http://www.pacificislandtravel.com/a...yd_airport.asp
see
TRANSFER BETWEEN TERMINALS: Rail: Underground: An underground Airport Rail
Link (tel: (0)2 9384 1000) connects the International and Domestic terminals
and the city. Trains run every ten minutes at peak times and every 15
minutes off-peak 0500-2400 Monday-Friday, 0500-0100 Friday-Sunday (journey
time: 12 minutes). Road: Bus: Qantas, Ansett (not any more)and Green and
Gold Airport Express buses operate frequent services between the terminals.
OR
Transfer between terminals: The Airport Rail Link connects the international
and domestic terminals (AU$4), and buses also provide frequent services
between them (AU$3).
Some passengers may qualify for the Qantas Seamless Transfer service, which
is the easiest way to transfer between the Domestic and International
terminals.
So if you come from Brisbane to Sydney by Qantas get them to give you a free
transfer to International terminal.
regards
John H

"RaT" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies. I am amazed that there isn't a free transfer

service
between terminals. Most airports I have used have this facility, even if

it
a fair distance.

Yes I do realise that MAS fly direct but as I'm on staff standby tickets

it
is better to go to SYD as there is 3 flight s a day to KUL. Also the

flight
from BNE to KUL is late at night so by going to SYD we can hopefully get a
flight in the early afternoon and reach KUL that evening. So will have
another evening in KL with friends...

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

"RaT" wrote in message
Another question about Sydney airport; Arriving on a domestic flight at
T2, need to transfer to T1 for international. What is the best way

(with
luggage) and how long needed (middle of day)
Regards

See

http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL...er/Default.htm

If there's more than one of you, and you don't qualify for the Qantas
transfer, taxi would probably be the most convenient.

Regards

David Bennetts