Cruise Critic, Banned!

Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Cruise Critic, Banned!

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stefan Patric[_3_]

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 12:21:42 -0800, wilma6116 wrote:

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:53:01 PM UTC-8, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 13:48:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Easy fixed if you don't have a fixed IP. Clear your cookies and
register again with a

different email address.

Easy fixed? What about my bruised ego? Why would I want to sneak into a
website that doesn't want me? Why would I contribute to a site that
makes money from my posts, but doesn't respect my opinions?

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell
without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both
continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just
has to wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if
some voices are censored.

Did Cruise Critic contact you directly to tell you why you were banned?
If not, contact them and politely request why you were. If you feel that
you've been unjustly banned, say so in the follow up correspondence and
request to be reinstated. If that doesn't work, immediately take legal
action. That'll get their attention! You'd be surprise what a single,
simple, polite letter from a law firm can do.

Keep detailed records and copies of everything. Also, keep a journal of
what you did and how you felt at the time, etc.

Stef
Old January 5th, 2013, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

On 1/4/2013 1:29 PM, Stefan Patric wrote:

... If that doesn't work, immediately take legal
action. That'll get their attention! You'd be surprise what a single,
simple, polite letter from a law firm can do. ...

YOU MUST BE JOKING!!! You want to bring legal action against them?

I am no fan of their poorly laid out board. But, it is a privately owned
board and they have a right to exclude anyone they want on it! It is
heavily moderated so that means ... if they don't like the way you look,
smell, act, spell, who you pray to or WHATEVER ... buh bye!

And it is the moderator aspect that made most people jump away from here
and go over there in the first place. They just couldn't get themselves
to ignore the spammers, politicos, people with an axe to grind,
perverts, religious haters, etc.

Legal action ... bah!! Just drop them a note asking why. If nothing,
then just put your big boy (or big girl) pants on and move on. And if
something like this bruises your ego, then maybe you should stay off
public forums since they are ALL filled with people that may offend YOU!

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stefan Patric[_3_]

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:42:31 -0800, RayC wrote:

On 1/4/2013 1:29 PM, Stefan Patric wrote:

... If that doesn't work, immediately take legal action. That'll get
their attention! You'd be surprise what a single, simple, polite
letter from a law firm can do. ...

YOU MUST BE JOKING!!! You want to bring legal action against them?

If it's warranted.

I am no fan of their poorly laid out board. But, it is a privately owned
board and they have a right to exclude anyone they want on it! It is

It is operated as a business. So, there are legal limits to what they
can and cannot do.

heavily moderated so that means ... if they don't like the way you look,
smell, act, spell, who you pray to or WHATEVER ... buh bye!

Without the OP getting the specifics of the banning directly from CC,
there's is no way to determining whether it was legally justifiable.

And it is the moderator aspect that made most people jump away from here
and go over there in the first place. They just couldn't get themselves
to ignore the spammers, politicos, people with an axe to grind,
perverts, religious haters, etc.

Legal action ... bah!! Just drop them a note asking why. If nothing,

If you had read my post more thoroughly, you would have seen that was my
first recommendation towards resolution.

then just put your big boy (or big girl) pants on and move on. And if
something like this bruises your ego, then maybe you should stay off
public forums since they are ALL filled with people that may offend YOU!

I was not the one banned. The one who was felt she was done so unjustly.

Stef
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

I just wanted to know if I am the only one. Seems like I might be. What a distinction, even Hitler wasn't banned from Cruise Critic!

And I say fine. It was just a big waste of time. How often can I read the food was "yummy" and the beds were "comfy"?

I'm thinking cruising is for people afraid of the real world. Everything is planned and controled. There is no place on the ship to get a picture that hasn't been taken a hundred times before. The crew are all programed to respond politely. Even the port stops are a controlled experience. No wonder the old folks at CC were afraid of me.

I went on two fine cruises. I've also been to DisneyWorld. They were memorable, controled experiences, but I have no desire to repeat them. I have other adventures to explore before my time is up here.

As for suing them, it is not my desire. If some lawyer has nothing better to do, I'd lend my name just for the experience.
Old January 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell
without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both
continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just has to
wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if some voices are censored.

Cruise Critic is heavily moderated and they are aggressive about
deleting pots and threads. Never heard of a lifetime ban. Have to
wonder what you said. I will look at those threads but i assume they
also deleted your posts.

--
Charles