Cruise Critic down again...

Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Cruise Critic down again...

All I ever see is... Service Unavailable ... or the white screen of
death. I have one of my roll calls there and I wish I could see it..
If they just reached out I would help them fix it... ugh

Rex
www.cruiselineforums.com

Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

(Rex) wrote in
oups.com:

All I ever see is... Service Unavailable ...

Works for me.

Maybe it's a personal problem.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Rex wrote:
All I ever see is... Service Unavailable ... or the white screen of
death. I have one of my roll calls there and I wish I could see it..
If they just reached out I would help them fix it... ugh

Cruise Critic is working, just very slowly. With two major cruise
accidents(?) it isn't surprising that it is having problems. In case
you haven't heard 12 passengers from the Millenium were killed when
their tour bus went off a cliff and there was a fire on the Star
Princess that was pretty bad.

I think these two situations are more important then any roll call.

sue
Old March 24th, 2006, 01:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article .com,
"Rex" wrote:

All I ever see is... Service Unavailable ... or the white screen of
death. I have one of my roll calls there and I wish I could see it..
If they just reached out I would help them fix it... ugh

Rex
www.cruiselineforums.com

I am a poster in the Cruise Critic message boards. I was clued that
because some of the boards were becoming nasty that CC was shutting some
of them down. I was also clued to move over to Cruiseline Forums. You
will find the CC refugees calling themselve Owls. They flew in quietly
at night.

Old March 24th, 2006, 02:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , FeAudrey
wrote:

(Assuming the boards are again available even to members ...)

I just got on. Pretty slow though right now. Definitly under a heavy
load. That is an inherent problem with web discussion boards. If there
is some evemt and heavy traffic their servers bog down. As far as
changing their policy of allowing lurkers to read the boards, don't
know anything about that. First I heard of it. Their boards are too
slow for me to bother checking right now.

--
Charles
Old March 24th, 2006, 03:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , FeAudrey
wrote:

The Cruise Critic boards are now closed to lurkers.

Those of you who are members -- any word from the admins about why this
has changed?

I can't find any indication that you can't browse the boards without
being a member. Are you positive that there has been a change?

--
Charles
Old March 25th, 2006, 12:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Charles" wrote in message
I can't find any indication that you can't browse the boards without
being a member. Are you positive that there has been a change?

--
Charles

Charles

I am able to read the reviews, and I am not a member.

Peter