Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

Old May 28th, 2012, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Fritz Wuehler[_7_]

Default Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

It seems only LLCs offer reasonable one-way airfare these days. What
airlines should I focus on for going transatlantic, one-way, besides
Aer Lingus?

Old May 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Runge 666[_2_]

KKK Air

Old May 28th, 2012, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

It seems only LLCs offer reasonable one-way airfare these days. What
airlines should I focus on for going transatlantic, one-way, besides
Aer Lingus?

It would of course help to give us some clue where in North America you
want to start and where in Europe you want to end up. (If the answer
is "it doesn't matter", Halifax to Gatwick for $295 on Air Transat.)

Air Berlin has some reasonable fares to DUS, and I see a $544 on
Kuwait Air JFK-LHR for some dates in June.

If you can get to Toronto, Air Transat has a C$303 (yes, really) fare
to London Gatwick or C$401 to Paris, both nonstop in June.

R's,
John

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Runge 666[_2_]

Whew !
At last a customer.

discussion : ...

Old May 31st, 2012, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Fritz Wuehler[_7_]

Default Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LCC?

Thanks John. I'm strictly looking for ways to cross the pond one-way
cheaply. It doesn't matter where, because I already have lots of
tools for finding routes given desired city pairs. But the options
aren't great, so my approach is to find the cheapest transatlantic and
then separately search out the connecting flights.

In general, travel is between western europe and either east or west
coast or midwest of the US.

Anyway, your advice was helpful. The prices you've found are better
than aer lingus.

Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_6_]

On 05/28/2012 01:56 PM, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
It seems only LLCs offer reasonable one-way airfare these days. What
airlines should I focus on for going transatlantic, one-way, besides
Aer Lingus?

What is an LLC, or do you mean low cost company?
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Neville

Nomen Nescio wrote:

What is an LLC, or do you mean low cost company?

Yeah, sorry, I meant LCC - low cost company.

Low Cost Carrier in this context...
Old June 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_6_]

On 06/03/2012 09:17 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
Tom wrote:

What is an LLC, or do you mean low cost company?

Yeah, sorry, I meant LCC - low cost company.

There are numerous low cost carriers doing transatlantic flights. Which
route exactly do you want to fly?
Old October 1st, 2017, 04:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Am Montag, 28. Mai 2012 17:32:50 UTC+2 schrieb John Levine:

Air Berlin has some reasonable fares to DUS

Last flights not later than october 15th this year.

Apply for bankruptcy share of ticket Price
if bought before August 15th.

Regards, ULF
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

In article ,
wrote:
Am Montag, 28. Mai 2012 17:32:50 UTC+2 schrieb John Levine:

Air Berlin has some reasonable fares to DUS

Last flights not later than october 15th this year.

Well, yes, I wrote that message five years ago.