UK Toilets

Old January 26th, 2005, 01:47 PM
The Reids

Default UK Toilets

Following up to nitram

http://www.sbrewer.demon.co.uk/Miscellany/toilets.html

I certainly agree about (the few) who use silly names instead of
ladies and gents. As for standing next to creepy people, my
experience is the opposite, twice having stood next to celebrity
chefs in their restaurants, (Floyd and Stein).
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old January 26th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Padraig Breathnach

The Reids wrote:

Following up to nitram

http://www.sbrewer.demon.co.uk/Miscellany/toilets.html

I certainly agree about (the few) who use silly names instead of
ladies and gents. As for standing next to creepy people, my
experience is the opposite, twice having stood next to celebrity
chefs in their restaurants, (Floyd and Stein).

Do you remember if they washed their hands? I am amazed (well, no, I'm
not -- disgusted is a better word) at the number of people who don't
bother. I suspect that people in food preparation and service might be
little better than the rest of the population. Perhaps it is better
not to think about things like that.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old January 26th, 2005, 02:50 PM
The Reids

Following up to Padraig Breathnach

I certainly agree about (the few) who use silly names instead of
ladies and gents. As for standing next to creepy people, my
experience is the opposite, twice having stood next to celebrity
chefs in their restaurants, (Floyd and Stein).

Do you remember if they washed their hands? I am amazed (well, no, I'm
not -- disgusted is a better word) at the number of people who don't
bother. I suspect that people in food preparation and service might be
little better than the rest of the population. Perhaps it is better
not to think about things like that.

You're the first to ask that question, its usually a size related
one to which I don't know the answer, having resolutely faced the
wall as is required. As for the washing, neither were cooking at
the time and I didn't notice anyway.
Isn't it the convention to just push the button on the hand dryer
as you walk out? :-)
Old January 26th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Thomas

I certainly agree about (the few) who use silly names instead of
ladies and gents. As for standing next to creepy people, my
experience is the opposite, twice having stood next to celebrity
chefs in their restaurants, (Floyd and Stein).

Do you remember if they washed their hands? I am amazed (well, no, I'm
not -- disgusted is a better word) at the number of people who don't
bother. I suspect that people in food preparation and service might be
little better than the rest of the population. Perhaps it is better
not to think about things like that.

Nobody bothers to wash their hands unless somebody else is watching??

Old January 26th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"Thomas" wrote:

I certainly agree about (the few) who use silly names instead of
ladies and gents. As for standing next to creepy people, my
experience is the opposite, twice having stood next to celebrity
chefs in their restaurants, (Floyd and Stein).

Do you remember if they washed their hands? I am amazed (well, no, I'm
not -- disgusted is a better word) at the number of people who don't
bother. I suspect that people in food preparation and service might be
little better than the rest of the population. Perhaps it is better
not to think about things like that.

Nobody bothers to wash their hands unless somebody else is watching??

I suspect that about half of the people I observe don't wash their
hands. I'm reasonably sure that the numbers who neglect to wash when
there is nobody else present is greater -- but how could I know?

Old January 26th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Padraig Breathnach

The Reids wrote:

Following up to Padraig Breathnach

I certainly agree about (the few) who use silly names instead of
ladies and gents. As for standing next to creepy people, my
experience is the opposite, twice having stood next to celebrity
chefs in their restaurants, (Floyd and Stein).

Do you remember if they washed their hands? I am amazed (well, no, I'm
not -- disgusted is a better word) at the number of people who don't
bother. I suspect that people in food preparation and service might be
little better than the rest of the population. Perhaps it is better
not to think about things like that.

You're the first to ask that question, its usually a size related
one to which I don't know the answer, having resolutely faced the
wall as is required.

I have no interest in either as a potential partner, so I don't think
of asking about such things.

Old January 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Neaco

You're the first to ask that question, its usually a size related
one to which I don't know the answer, having resolutely faced the
wall as is required. As for the washing, neither were cooking at
the time and I didn't notice anyway.
Isn't it the convention to just push the button on the hand dryer
as you walk out? :-)

Not unless you want to pick up 10 zillion bacteria :-)

Hence why I always use my elbow - I'm unlikely to ever be able to get that
anywhere near my mouth!

Old January 26th, 2005, 04:19 PM
The Reids

Following up to Thomas

Do you remember if they washed their hands? I am amazed (well, no, I'm
not -- disgusted is a better word) at the number of people who don't
bother. I suspect that people in food preparation and service might be
little better than the rest of the population. Perhaps it is better
not to think about things like that.

Nobody bothers to wash their hands unless somebody else is watching??

not "nobody", rather a number higher than 0.
Old January 26th, 2005, 04:36 PM
The Reids

Following up to Padraig Breathnach

You're the first to ask that question, its usually a size related
one to which I don't know the answer, having resolutely faced the
wall as is required.

I have no interest in either as a potential partner, so I don't think
of asking about such things.

Yes, to use your terminology, its more of interest to herself.
Although I don't know if I would have passed on a positive
impression, if I had had one.
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Jack Campin - bogus address

http://www.sbrewer.demon.co.uk/Miscellany/toilets.html
I certainly agree about (the few) who use silly names instead of
ladies and gents.

I dunno, I was rather taken with the signs in the Mendelium in Brno
(fairly obvious given what the museum is about).