Good deal from AA turns sour

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Garcias

Default Good deal from AA turns sour

::This serves as a warning to all. Be careful not to pay American
Airlines in advance for a ticket online from your check account. We had
a horrible experience and lost in excess of $300 if we would add our
expenses. This is what happened to us.::::
:: ::My wife and I bought two tickets online and paid through their
option to deduct the money from our check account. The ticket was not
immediately issued and we called our local AA office. They informed us
that they will follow up. By the next morning, we found out that for
me, AA issued two tickets on the same day on the same flight. We called
our local AA office again and they then cancelled the ticket. However,
AA deducted the money from our check account for both tickets. We have
spend in excess of 6 hours on the phone calling internationally from
South Africa, send emails, send faxes and still do not have our money
back. This is now more than 1 month later. Yesterday we got an email
from AA saying that we will not be refunded since according to them, the
money was not deducted from our *credit card*. On top of it all,
American Airline post a telephone number on their website for enquiries
on refunds, but nobody ever answers the phone (with that I mean a live
person). One gets a recording that notes that one called outside
business hours. ::::

:: ::Now can you belief this. We even send them our bank account
statement proving that the money was deducted. We had several promises
from their customer relations that they would call us back, but have not
received a single phone call. A ticket that cost us $237, now cost us
way in excess of $300 if you would add the international cost to call
from South Africa to AA for a period of 6 hours (we have not received
our telephone account yet), plus a fax that cost us over $80 W we are
losing a lot of money in our attempt to get our money back for this
ticket. These people do not even bother to read the fax, the letter, or
to do their research. Be careful. Be very careful of American Airlines
and their false promises.::

--
Garcias
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old January 21st, 2009, 11:47 PM posted to rec.travel.air
sharx35

"Garcias" wrote in message

[...]

How can ANY fax cost $80?

Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Sharx35" wrote in message

"Garcias" wrote in message

[...]

Good question. Almost every computer has a fax program. And I can't
imagine an $80 phone bill to send a fax.

Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

You should contact a local TV station who does investigative
reports......they will get your money back.

---
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"Garcias" wrote in message

::This serves as a warning to all. Be careful not to pay American
Airlines in advance for a ticket online from your check account. We had
a horrible experience and lost in excess of $300 if we would add our
expenses. This is what happened to us.::::

snip of horror story

Always pay for anything over the net with a credit card, then the card
company will get your money back...

Well, if you spend over £50...

Having said that I'm astonished that an organisation the size of AA has
ripped you off.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air
gypcqueen83

Try writing to the ombudsman at Caribbean Travel and Life magazine. They
seem to help a lot of people get their money back. just a suggestion...

--
gypcqueen83
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Garcias[_3_]

Thank you, I am sure going to try and will keep you up to date.

--
Garcias

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.com' (http://forums.TRAVEL.com).
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"jessica_smith_nyc" wrote in message
You should contact a local TV station who does investigative
reports......they will get your money back.

I believe CNN also has a travel troubleshooter.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Garcias wrote:
::This serves as a warning to all. Be careful not to pay American
Airlines in advance for a ticket online from your check account.

No one is foolish enough to pay for airline tickets via direct transfer
from their checking account.