Hi from Norway

Old January 20th, 2007, 09:19 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Brynjulf Barexstein

Default Hi from Norway

Hello everybody.
I would like some advice for my first trip to Australia, hope you can help.
We are a family of four, with two kids that will be 1,5 and 3 years at
the time of travel. We are looking for a house to rent, at the west
coast not to far from Perth, to stay for 2-3 months. We would like to
find a house situated directly on a very nice beach, preferrably a calm
beach with no surf / waves, so our small kids will be able to swim all
day. I guess there might be thousands of such rental objects in
Australia, due to your looong shoreline and beaches, but by some reasons
I can`t seem to find anything suitable on the internett.
The period we will be staying is somewhere between Dec07-Jan/Feb/Mar08.
So I hope any of you have some personal experience to share, or a maybe
an advice of which area to focus on, or useful websites.
Thanks ! Here the snow is pouring down and it is 3 hours of daylight, so
it feels good to think about beaches and sunshine !
Otherwise, to you travellers, come see Norway in May/June/July/August,
there`s nothing like it !
Best greetings,
Brynjulf
Old January 27th, 2007, 06:37 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
freckles

http://www.realestate.com.au/

Old January 28th, 2007, 03:48 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
The Aussie Viking

I would reccommend looking around Busselton/Dunsborough/Yallingup area. That
way Perth can be done as a day trip(at a pinch), and you are able to travel
to the Margaret river, Caves and even the Giant Tingle (Walpole) area on a
days travel.

The RAC (Royal AUto Club) has lots of accomodation information, and can be
used to plan your trips, showing points of interest along the way. This is a
link to the Journey Planner http://rac.com.au/go/travel/journey-planner

I would say give serious thought to one of the Chalets at the Yallingup
Beach Caravan Park. Thier link is http://www.yallingupbeach.com.au/
It is close enough to hear the surf at night, is kept spotless, and has a
safe sheltered beach about a hundred metres away, and surf beach a little
bit further. They have a live feed webcam of the beach set up at the BBQ
area, so you can look on the map, and check out the surf and see how close
it is. http://www.yallingupbeach.com.au/pages/surfcam.htm#

We are caravanning a bit to see our state, as time permits. I can highly
reccommend the "Top Tourist Caravan Parks"
http://www.toptouristparks.com.au/index.asp
They tend to be kept in pristine condition, and membership is worthwhile, as
it offers discounts. It costs $25 per 24 Months, but can save you 10% up to
max $25 per stay, so it soon pays for itself. They will ring ahead and book
you to other Top Tourist parks free, and we found them to be the number one
choice of our membership clubs.

That's just my 2 cents worth, and I'm sure others will suggest other nice
venues too. Maybe you need to see if there is a "House swap" site where you
find someone that would want to go experience a white Christmas. Personally,
I'd love to get to Kabelvaag in Lofoten Islands as my Late father comes from
there, but being used to Australian Heat I'd freeze and the midnight sun
would drive me nuts that time of year.

The Aussie Viking.