cheap flights from LHR to Calgary or Edmonton...

Old December 4th, 2003, 09:02 PM
freeda

Default cheap flights from LHR to Calgary or Edmonton...

I only seem to be coming up with 600 GBP prices, there must be a cheaper way

Old December 4th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Jordan

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:02:52 -0000, "freeda" wrote:

I only seem to be coming up with 600 GBP prices, there must be a cheaper way

As far as I know Air Canada is the only one that operates to YYC from
europe. They may be a charter company that runs in there also but that
still makes for limited competition.
Old December 4th, 2003, 11:36 PM
freeda

I only seem to be coming up with 600 GBP prices, there must be a cheaper
way

Try Globespan from Gatwick. Also check fares for charters (JMC and
Globespan) to Toronto with an internal. Zoom may also serve Calgary - if
not then check Zoom to Toronto and an internal.

Thanks for your input, I want to travel from the 10th Dec to the 14th..
I've tried BMI who never usually let me down but I still can't get cheaper
than 600 GBP. I am expectting to pay around 300 -400 GBP.

Old December 4th, 2003, 11:38 PM
freeda

"freeda" wrote in message
I only seem to be coming up with 600 GBP prices, there must be a

cheaper
way

Try Globespan from Gatwick. Also check fares for charters (JMC and
Globespan) to Toronto with an internal. Zoom may also serve Calgary -

if
not then check Zoom to Toronto and an internal.

Thanks for your input, I want to travel from the 10th Dec to the 14th..
I've tried BMI who never usually let me down but I still can't get cheaper
than 600 GBP. I am expectting to pay around 300 -400 GBP.

Let me add, I work on a freelance basis, so I have to come up with the money
upfront for travel, so I like to keep it as cheap as possible because god
knows when I may get it back...

Old December 5th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Sjoerd

"Jordan" schreef in bericht
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:02:52 -0000, "freeda" wrote:

I only seem to be coming up with 600 GBP prices, there must be a cheaper

way

As far as I know Air Canada is the only one that operates to YYC from
europe. They may be a charter company that runs in there also but that
still makes for limited competition.

Martinair also flies to YYC (from AMS) but only in the summer season.
(April - October)

Sjoerd

Old December 7th, 2003, 01:51 AM
devil

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:55:45 +0000, Jordan wrote:

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:02:52 -0000, "freeda" wrote:

I only seem to be coming up with 600 GBP prices, there must be a cheaper way

As far as I know Air Canada is the only one that operates to YYC from
europe. They may be a charter company that runs in there also but that
still makes for limited competition.

BMI codeshares on the AC flights.

This said, 600 GBP for traveling between Dec. 10 and 14, on such a short
notice, sounds about right to me.

Quick check on ITN for going on Dec. 14, returning on Dec. 21, returns
the lowest fare of GBP750+tx, on AA, through DFW. On AC, nonstop, I get
an H fare at GBP 785+tax.

Booking earlier and avoiding the Christmas period (K instead of L, I
think) would obviously be cheaper.
Old December 7th, 2003, 05:47 AM
freeda

BMI codeshares on the AC flights.

This said, 600 GBP for traveling between Dec. 10 and 14, on such a short
notice, sounds about right to me.

Quick check on ITN for going on Dec. 14, returning on Dec. 21, returns
the lowest fare of GBP750+tx, on AA, through DFW. On AC, nonstop, I get
an H fare at GBP 785+tax.

Booking earlier and avoiding the Christmas period (K instead of L, I
think) would obviously be cheaper.

Just found a flight with AA connecting at DFW for 400 GBP
Another question, what is the MD80 like to fly in???

Old December 7th, 2003, 09:18 AM
UCLAisthebest

freeda wrote:

BMI codeshares on the AC flights.

This said, 600 GBP for traveling between Dec. 10 and 14, on such a short
notice, sounds about right to me.

Quick check on ITN for going on Dec. 14, returning on Dec. 21, returns
the lowest fare of GBP750+tx, on AA, through DFW. On AC, nonstop, I get
an H fare at GBP 785+tax.

Booking earlier and avoiding the Christmas period (K instead of L, I
think) would obviously be cheaper.

Just found a flight with AA connecting at DFW for 400 GBP
Another question, what is the MD80 like to fly in???

The MD-80 isn't too bad for people on the side of the aircraft that has
2 seats. The plane usually has 2 seats on one side and 3 on the other
for the economy section. AA has them on the port side (or larboard as
you might have heard Russell Crowe say) Confused? Well, remember "port"
has the same number of letters as "left", and "port" wine is red, hence
remembering the red lights are on the port side.

I seem to recall another carrier having them on the starboard side.

Old December 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Olivers

UCLAisthebest muttered....

freeda wrote:

BMI codeshares on the AC flights.

This said, 600 GBP for traveling between Dec. 10 and 14, on such a short
notice, sounds about right to me.

Quick check on ITN for going on Dec. 14, returning on Dec. 21, returns
the lowest fare of GBP750+tx, on AA, through DFW. On AC, nonstop, I get
an H fare at GBP 785+tax.

Booking earlier and avoiding the Christmas period (K instead of L, I
think) would obviously be cheaper.

Just found a flight with AA connecting at DFW for 400 GBP
Another question, what is the MD80 like to fly in???

Not bad for the 200 GBP difference.... Effectively a stretched DC-9, the
best economy seats in the house in the sort of full birds likely in the
holiday season are the "B's, 6-12 or so, but never select an "E" the
middles of 3 to Starboard. Engine noise gets a little high aft of 18, and
the aft seats are also troubled by galley/lav proximity. AA's MD80s have
extremely generous leg/knee room in comparison to other airlines, and they
remain the airlines major comonent for domestic flights. Exit rows are
only a hair wider than standard seating, and the forwrd bulkhead row is
fine except for its use for pax hauling rug rats and ankle biters to
Grannies, instead of sensibly driving so the widdle turdlets could be
abandoned conveniently in a roadside park, dumpster, or all-night eatery
when they become disfigured, dislikable or discomobulated.

The MD-80 isn't too bad for people on the side of the aircraft that has
2 seats. The plane usually has 2 seats on one side and 3 on the other
for the economy section. AA has them on the port side (or larboard as
you might have heard Russell Crowe say) Confused? Well, remember "port"
has the same number of letters as "left", and "port" wine is red, hence
remembering the red lights are on the port side.

Real easy.....the side upon which you board, same in all a/c these days,
and by convention for many decades. Starboard side boarding ? Ford
Trimotor, IIRC, but not many more since...

I seem to recall another carrier having them on the starboard side.

Be unusual, since US commercial aviation has sort of stayed the course
since Mr. Douglas put 1 to Port, 2 to Starboard on the DC-3, with the short
rows to Port.