Godmother Of Mariner Of The Seas!

Old September 25th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Godmother Of Mariner Of The Seas!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Royal Caribbean and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Royal Caribbean International Names Jean Driscoll Godmother Of Mariner
Of The Seas

Largest Cruise Ship to Sail From Port Canaveral to be Named Nov. 14

MIAMI, Sept. 24
Royal Caribbean International has announced that Jean Driscoll --
world-class athlete, Olympian, Paralympian and international advocate
for persons with disabilities -- will serve as godmother to the line's
newest ship, Mariner of the Seas, which debuts later this year. As
godmother, Driscoll will officially give the ship its name during
ceremonies in Port Canaveral, Fla., on Nov. 14, 2003.

"We are immensely pleased that such a prominent athlete and
outstanding advocate for persons with disabilities will be the
godmother of our newest, fully accessible ship," said Richard Fain,
chairman and CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. "Jean is a true
champion who excels in everything she does, in the sports arena and
beyond. She has shown by example that physical disabilities need not
limit life experiences, and we are proud to have her spirit lead a
ship that was designed to ensure all guests can participate fully in
the excitement of a cruise experience."

Driscoll's achievements range from winning the women's wheelchair
division of the prestigious Boston Marathon eight times -- the only
person in Boston Marathon history to achieve that feat -- to victories
in both the 1992 and 1996 Summer Olympic Games. She was recognized by
Sports Illustrated for Women as one of the top 25 female athletes of
the 20th century and is also a world record holder in the 10,000-meter
track event as well as the 10K and marathon road racing distances.

Driscoll, who was born with spina bifida, is actively involved with
organizations for athletes with disabilities both in the United States
and abroad. In the United States, she is the spokesperson for the
ASPIRE project (Adapted Sports in Recreation and Education), which
works to bring youth sports leagues for athletes with physical
disabilities to each state, with a goal that someday all students with
disabilities will have an opportunity to participate in sports
programs.

Globally, Driscoll dedicates her time to Wheels for the World, a
program that restores wheelchairs and takes them to individuals in
third-world countries. She also travels annually to West Africa to
teach the sport of wheelchair track. Thanks to her efforts, Ghana will
attempt to send its first athletes to represent the country in the
Paralympics in Athens in 2004.

Driscoll joins a distinguished list of Royal Caribbean godmothers,
including Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Katarina Witt, Stefanie Graf, Whoopi
Goldberg and Queen Sonja of Norway.

About Mariner of the Seas

The 142,000-ton Mariner of the Seas will be the fifth ship in the
company's Voyager class and the largest cruise ship to sail from Port
Canaveral. An action-packed ship with numerous dining and
entertainment venues, Mariner features the line's signature
rock-climbing wall, an inline skating track, a full-size basketball
court, and the Royal Promenade -- an interior shopping, dining and
entertainment boulevard. Mariner of the Seas also features an ice
skating rink with ice shows, a 1,350-seat Broadway-style theater, a
miniature golf course, and one of the largest fitness and spa
complexes at sea.

Mariner of the Seas leads the industry in providing accessibility to
guests with disabilities. Royal Caribbean's progressive accessibility
program -- Accessible Seas -- strives to make travel more convenient,
enjoyable and hassle-free for all guests. Mariner offers an extensive
list of amenities such as automatic doors; hydraulic pool/jacuzzi
lifts; Braille menus and stairwell banister deck numbers; extra-wide
corridors; public bathroom facilities; and special devices for the
hearing and visually impaired. Mariner also has 26 specially designed
staterooms that include a variety of accessibility features such as
roll-in showers and pull-down closet rods.

Mariner of the Seas will begin her regularly scheduled, year-round
itineraries on Nov. 16, 2003, sailing alternating seven-night Eastern
and Western Caribbean cruises. Prices start at $749 per person, double
occupancy.

Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand currently with
17 ships in service and three more under construction. The company
also offers unique cruisetour vacations in Alaska, Canada and Europe.
For additional information about the cruise line, please contact your
travel professional.

Old September 25th, 2003, 05:59 PM
villa deauville

Gads!!!!!!! Foiled again!!!!!!!

SUNNY.......packing away her boa, tiara.
long blue dress, silver slippers and her wand once more.

S'nd I

Old September 25th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Florence and Lou Roth

Hang in there SUNNY!!!!
There are a lot more new ships coming down the line.

Florence

Old September 25th, 2003, 07:49 PM
villa deauville

I'm trying to hold on Florence. But at this rate if the moths dont make
chopped liver out of my boa I will need to obtain a new wand. as this
one is starting to go rusty

SUNNY.........will not give up hope, yet

S'nd I