Giving Thanks Aboard Princess Ships!

Old October 4th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Giving Thanks Aboard Princess Ships!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Giving Thanks Aboard Princess Ships

Pumpkin-themed Menu Highlights Onboard Thanksgiving Celebrations

SANTA CLARITA, CA Oct. 3, 2003
Beginning with pumpkin gnocchi gratin and finishing with traditional
pumpkin pie or pumpkin creme brulee, Princess passengers will delight
in what has become a yearly tradition -- a unique ``all pumpkin'' menu
for Thanksgiving dinner.

Princess' culinary team has designed this special theme menu that uses
a Thanksgiving favorite in an entirely new way. Each dish features the
traditional pumpkin -- but the style of presentation and preparation
varies with each menu item. Main courses include the traditional
slow-roasted Vermont turkey, served with pumpkin polenta; broiled
filet of orange roughy with pumpkin risotto; center cut pork loin chop
with pumpkin spaetzle; and grilled medallions of aged beef tenderloin
with sauteed pumpkin rosti. In addition, appetizer, salad and dessert
selections all feature pumpkin dishes, and ``healthy choice'' and
vegetarian items are available as well.

``Thanksgiving dinner is always a special meal aboard Princess,'' said
Dean Brown, Princess' executive vice president of customer service and
sales. ``We look forward to welcoming many new passengers to join us
in giving thanks this year and enjoying our chefs' unique creations.''

This special Thanksgiving celebration is available aboard all Princess
ships. Passengers can choose to celebrate in locations around the
world, including the Caribbean/Panama Canal, French Polynesia, Hawaii,
West Africa, or Australia/New Zealand.

One of the best-known names in North American cruising, Princess
Cruises is a global cruise and tour company. Part of Carnival
Corporation and plc (NYSE:CCL) and (NYSE:CUK), its current fleet of 11
ships sail on approximately 150 different itineraries around the
globe, calling at more than 260 ports on all seven continents. By 2006
a further four ships will be introduced. Additional information is
available through any professional travel agent.

Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines.
Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts
of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment
to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching
cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:10 AM
villa deauville

As I do not care for pumpkin in any shape or form I wonder if, on the
menu, there would be more choices

SUNNY........does not care for baked alaska either and will not be put
off by being told that is the only desert they have for that night

S'nd I

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Charles

In article ,
villa deauville wrote:

As I do not care for pumpkin in any shape or form I wonder if, on the
menu, there would be more choices

Princess did the same thing on Halloween with the Pumpkin dishes on a
cruise I took a few years ago. Pumpkin in everything. It was horrid.

--
Charles
Old October 4th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Danni

"villa deauville" wrote in message
As I do not care for pumpkin in any shape or form I wonder if, on the
menu, there would be more choices

SUNNY........does not care for baked alaska either and will not be put
off by being told that is the only desert they have for that night

S'nd I

Sunny:

I make a pumpkin cheesecake that even the most die-hard anti-pumpkin people
love. : )

Either it's really good or the hefty shot of dark rum makes them forget they
don't like pumpkin.

Danni

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:40 AM
villa deauville

If anyone here in RTC will be travelling on a Princess ship for
Thanksgiving I would appreciate a post re the pumpkin when you return.
Charles, were you able to get any kind of food without pumpkin in it?

SUNNY..........is not above eating bread and water if pumpkin is all
they serve

S'nd I

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article ,
villa deauville wrote:

As I do not care for pumpkin in any shape or form I wonder if, on the
menu, there would be more choices

Princess did the same thing on Halloween with the Pumpkin dishes on a
cruise I took a few years ago. Pumpkin in everything. It was horrid.

Charles,

Was it horrid because you don't like pumpkin, or was it just horrid
because they don't cook with it properly.

sue

Old October 4th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Brenda

This is just to funny, as my DH & I read Ray's post & again went "Oh
NO". I have written that pumkin has nothing to do with Thanksgiving,
it is a Halloween item.

When we cruised W Carib on the Grand November 2001 I posted my report
on the joke of a meal. Pumpkin soup, pumpkin potatoes, spetzles, even
desert ice cream, pie, cake, brulee. The turkey was on pumpkin
stuffing with pumpkin gravy. So we ordered non-pumpkin fare thru the
Matre D stating WE HATE PUMPKIN.

Why they do this, why they even get press releases of this ridiculous
act & this is far before Carnival........

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:54 PM
villa deauville

Danni,
I have tried I have really tried to tolerate the taste and texture of
pumpkin but to no avail.

SUNNY..........who took quite some time to appreciate corn on the cob
but took to clams in a second

S'nd I

Old October 4th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Jomamaok13

a yearly tradition -- a unique ``all pumpkin'' menu
for Thanksgiving dinner.

I was on the Grand last Thanksgiving and while there were many pumpkin dishes,
there were some without. I think I was able to avoid it in every course.

Jo ~ only likes pumpkin in pie
Old October 4th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Mark Katzenberger

On the QE2 in 97, we had special Thanksgiving decorations -- Red, White &
Blue buntings and flags -

- I figure the Brits thought that because it's a US holiday, flags and stuff
were appropriate and they used all the decorations that we'd associate with
Independance Day (which they obviously also don't celebrate - but these days
they might want to)

We DID have turkey with all the trimmings, however

Mark

om...