WAIT LIST FOR EARLY SITTING

Old October 10th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Here

Default WAIT LIST FOR EARLY SITTING

We are on Vision of The Seas Oct 19th and have been put on the wait list for
early sitting. My husband is a diabetic and we are travelling with two
children.. What do you think the chances of getting an early sitting if we
explain that my husband has to eat at specfici times of the day and the late
sitting is too late????

Old October 10th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Ed

I had the same problem, same ship a year earlier. Go to the Maitre D upon
arrival and explain the problem. They would normally do it without problem.
Did you advised your TA upon booking of your diet (diabetic requirement)?

If it's impossible (which I doubt) the windjammer cafe is as good as the
dining room (if not better - We (the wife and I) took almost all my meal in
there last year and again this July in an Alaska cruise. Love the ship.
(lots of sugar desserts....!)

Ed

Old October 10th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Susette405

early sitting. My husband is a diabetic and we are travelling with two
children.. What do you think the chances of getting an early sitting if

Have his physician write him a letter and then have your agent contact the dept
that handles medical issues and they can most likely help you...
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 29Nov03 Navigator of the Seas
Check out our new website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old October 10th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Rich Cacace

This is surprising to here. Most people like the late seating & it's
usually the first one to fill up. I'd do exactly as the other readers said
& check with the Maitre D AS SOON AS POSSIBLE after boarding. The line for
special seating requests get long if you try to eat lunch first. If your
husband has to have something to eat after boarding, sent him & the kids to
eat while you stand on line to make seating changes.

Old October 10th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Ron C

There will be a time and placed announced to go and try to change your
seating assignment. Chances are they will accomodate you once you go
thru the inconvenience of waiting in line for an hour or so. I don't
know why RCCL has trouble getting the people asssigned to their
requested seating. On of my pet peeves on my last cruise on the
Grandeur was trying to get my seating changed. Even though it was my
7th RCCL cruise, I had booked months in advance, and had "Late
Seating" on my ticket, I still found myself assigned early seating.
After waiting in line for an hour I was told they could set up a table
in the aisle for us. We ended up staying on early. Since then I've
taken two cruises and have three more coming up. None on RCCL.

Ron

Old October 10th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Kevin Stock

I just got a note from my MD and the TA faxed it to the cruise line and
early seating was confirmed immediately.

Old October 11th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Rich Cacace

I can't see why I should have to tip a highly paid employee for doing part
of his job unless he really did something extra special.

"FeAudrey" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
says...

... I don't know why (a cruise line) has trouble getting the people

asssigned
to their requested seating

Does the maitre d' get a tip for fixing these problems? From both the

people
who requested early sitting and got late sitting, and from those in the
opposite situation?

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials,

too)!
http://pages.prodigy.net/feaudrey

Old October 11th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Mason Barge

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:56:17 GMT, "Here" wrote:

We are on Vision of The Seas Oct 19th and have been put on the wait list for
early sitting. My husband is a diabetic and we are travelling with two
children.. What do you think the chances of getting an early sitting if we
explain that my husband has to eat at specfici times of the day and the late
sitting is too late????

Cruiselines have gotten a bit more sensitive about this sort of thing.
Have you tried simply calling the cruise line and telling them that
your husband is diabetic and requires first seating?

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln