Oceania Sails to Libya, Tunisia, & Morocco!

Old October 28th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Oceania Sails to Libya, Tunisia, & Morocco!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Oceania and thought it would be
of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

OCEANIA CRUISES NEW MEDITERRANEAN ODYSSEY TO LIBYA, TUNISA AND MOROCCO

Oceania Cruises is pleased to announce a very special voyage that
visits some of the Mediterranean$B!G(Js hidden jewels including
Libya, Tunisia and Morocco aboard its award-winning flagship Regatta.
A leader in destination cruising, this extraordinary voyage offers
sophisticated travelers an exceptional opportunity to discover the
rich cultural diversity and historical treasures of Benghazi and
Tripoli in Libya while transporting guests through centuries of
history and ancient civilizations. Brimming with intriguing ports of
call, this exceptional itinerary is perfectly tailored to appeal to
those savvy travelers seeking exotic destinations and far-flung
adventures. Having been off-limits to Americans for over two decades,
travelers can once again explore some of the finest ancient sites
found anywhere in the western world. Guests will have the opportunity
to explore lands settled by the Romans, Phoenicians, Greeks and other
great civilizations and discover the region$B!G(Js wealth of
incomparable archaeological treasures.

Featuring an overnight stay in historic Tripoli, opportunities for
exploration abound. Magnificently preserved Leptis Magna which was
founded in the 1st millennium BC and contains the largest bath house
built outside Rome. Or the ancient Roman city of Sabratha, a UNESCO
World Heritage Site which served as a Phoenician trading-post.
Sabratha was part of the short-lived Numidian Kingdom of Massinissa
before being Romanized and rebuilt in the 2nd and 3rd centuries A.D.

Benghazi is Libya$B!G(Js second largest city, situated on the
eastern edge of the Gulf of Sirt. Benghazi saw good times and bad
during the Greek, Roman and Byzantine eras before the Arabs conquered
the city at the beginning of the 7th century. A short distance outside
of the city lie many historic including the ancient Greek city of
Cyrene. La Goulette offers an opportunity to visit Tunis, Carthage and
the picturesque village of Sidi Bou Said. Carthage is where Hannibal
set out from with his men and elephants to cross the Alps against
Rome. Casablanca, once the capital of the French Colonial Empire,
Casablanca is a Moorish paradise and Morocco$B!G(Js window to the
world. Examples of outstanding Moorish architecture can be seen near
the United Nations Square and the Hassan II Mosque, completed in 1993,
is a striking addition and anchor of the city$B!G(Js skyline.

Commenting on this historic voyage to Libya, Bob Binder, Executive
Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Oceania Cruises stated,
$B!H(JWe$B!G(Jre elated to be able to introduce travelers to
Libya$B!G(Js wealth of archaeological treasures.$B!I(J Boasting
more than 1,200 miles of exquisite Mediterranean Sea coastline,
Libya$B!G(Js most celebrated sites are concentrated near the
shoreline in the Eastern and Western proximities of the country,
making it the perfect destination to explore via cruise travel.
$B!H(JOceania Cruises is always seeking enticing new destinations
which offer our guests an enriching and enthralling exploration
experience. I$B!G(Jm confident that guests on this historic voyage
to Libya will come away with a cache of memories that is
unrivaled,$B!I(J added Binder.

Regatta$B!G(Js 12-night Mediterranean Odyssey sails from Barcelona
to Lisbon on November 5, 2005. Ports of Call include:

Benghazi $B!|(J Tripoli (overnight) $B!|(J Valletta $B!|(J La
Goulette $B!|(J Gibraltar $B!|(J Casablanca $B!|(J Seville

For a limited time, guests may take advantage of Free Airfare and
2-for-1 cruise fares beginning at $1,999 per guest including FREE
airfare from select U.S. and Canadian gateways.

Oceania Cruises$B!G(J acclaimed 5-star fleet features three intimate
and luxurious 684-guest ships, REGATTA, INSIGNIA and NAUTICA. Oceania
Cruises is setting a new, worldwide standard for luxury cruising with
the finest cuisine at sea, exceptional personalized service, grand
style, and luxurious accommodations coupled with extraordinary value.

For detailed itineraries or additional information on Oceania Cruises
or to make a reservation, please contact your Travel Agent. To request
a brochure, call 800-531-5658 or visit www.OceaniaCruises.com

Old October 28th, 2004, 10:46 PM
its_my_dime

Ray:

Did you really read this before you posted it?

When we sailed on the Insignia, complaints about badly run shore excursions
were rampant. And that was Rome and Florence!

And now, these guys are going to North Africa and Libya which has just been
opened for tourists.

The press release sounds exotic and romantic. And 2 for 1 with air.

But would you really want to be the first to go there with this company.

We wouldn't.

news

Old October 29th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:46:38 GMT, its_my_dime wrote:

Ray:

Did you really read this before you posted it?

Hell no, he's so eager to spamadvertise for free, Googleberg can't slap
this crap up on RTC fast enough.
Old October 29th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Stanonpch2

We're leaving on a similar cruise next week on the old Island Princess now
called the M/V Discovery through Voyages of Discovery.com. Looking forward to
visiting Libya. Anyone else on that cruise?

Stan

Old October 29th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 29 Oct 2004 15:36:09 GMT, Stanonpch2 wrote:

We're leaving on a similar cruise next week on the old Island Princess now
called the M/V Discovery through Voyages of Discovery.com. Looking forward to
visiting Libya. Anyone else on that cruise?

Stan

Did you know that Oceania has the "finest cuisine at sea? So they claim.

Old October 29th, 2004, 06:33 PM
its_my_dime

On our trip, the basic food ingredients were absolutely first rate.
Preparation was usually good and sometimes very good.. However, the ship
was full so the main dining room (open seating) was crowded and service
erratic. There are insufficient tables for two.

The first day, there were sequential 30 minute lines to make reservations
for EACH of the two specialty restaurants.

The buffet (breakfast and lunch) was also crowded and needed more tables.
The buffet food was in no way special.

So if you define "cuisine" as the overall dining experience, it gets a
"good"a but not an "excellent"

(Interestingly, all buffet dishes were served to you from behind the counter
so passengers never touched either the serving utensils or the food
containers. Labor intensive. But reduces waste for the cruise line and
virus transmission among the passengers which is an overall plus. ). .

imd

Old October 29th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:33:43 GMT, its_my_dime wrote:

So if you define "cuisine" as the overall dining experience, it gets a
"good"a but not an "excellent"

So Oceania lied. This is part of their problem. They can't seem to define
themselves.