Qantas Web Fare Specials to Australia & NZ from US.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:04 AM

Default Qantas Web Fare Specials to Australia & NZ from US.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:11:07 +1000, Dave Proctor
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:52:08 +0930, "Freda"
wrote:

Then perhaps you are NOT the right person for the job????????????????

I have been reading this group for about two years now - rarely
contribute, but have been reading for that long - and have NEVER
thought that Cath was the appropriate person.

It's a free world and you are entitled to your opinion Dave.
Rarely contribute? Dave, you have been quite a contributor over the
past 3 years. Even before you started replying using "Whilst
undoubtedly under the effects of alcohol" which I note you have now
stopped using.

As you have not been around since the ng's inception, the first RFD
was made on 12/Sept/1995 by Bill Rogers, then you are not familiar
with what happened to this newsgroup in the past and the reasons why
this newsgroup lost so many excellent contributors.

If you want to change the wording of the Charter/FAQ, then you are
welcome to go through the Usenet protocol to do enable a vote to be
taken.

Don't forget, some people have to pay to receive Usenet!
Usenet is *not* the internet. If I had to pay additional charges to
receive Usenet, you bet I'd be a pretty peeved off person if I was
having to download advertising!

Earlier this year, there was a query about how I became Keeper of the
Charter/FAQ, which I answered publicly on the newsgroup.
I have checked that thread and do not find any objections from you.

I can recall another instance earlier this year when you had every
opportunity to voice your opinions against me but you did not bother
to do so.

You do not realise just the diversity of the email I receive from
people who lurk on this newsgrup. In most cases, I can only guide
them to either watchng the threads, posting to the ng, finding an
archived thread that may be of interest to them or sometimes, I post a
request on their behalf.
I have been [pleasantly] surprised at the number of 'lurker's of this
group.

I would NOT hestitate to do what we did in the above case if a similar
posting appeared again.

Frankly I don't give a dam what you think of me, publicly or
privately.
I doubt if you would likely find, in your eyes, anyone would be
appropriate.

Try and be a little less pedantic and be lighter in your assessing.

Anyway, this is not a moderated group. Sure, she can forward
complaints to ISP's, but considering the level of disagreement that
this thread has generated, it is clear there is no consensus as to
where the line should be drawn, and any such complaints will be
dismissed.

Dave

The first RFD posted on 12 Sept 1995 clearly stated:

"All advertising is inappropriate and should be directed to the group
rec.travel.marketplace." which is still in force to this day.

Again, if you wish to have the wording changed, then you are welcome
to go for it.

Usually, one or two adverts get overlooked however when someone
continues or there is a blantant disregard for Usenet ie:
posted/spammed to several ng's, then it is a different matter.

Believe me, ISP's *do* take Usenet abuse whether it be a posting on
the newsgroup or an email to me, very seriously.
Many have specific reference to Usenet in their TOS.

Australia does have an Internet Code [though off hand, I cannot
remember the actual name of it but sure you are aware of it].

Cath