Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

Old May 24th, 2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

On Tue, 23 May 2006 22:48:00 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Miss L. Toe writes:

I cant find the recent source where I spotted that but:

http://www.commondreams.org/pressrel...98/072798a.htm

and :
" Microsoft CEO Bill Gates has more wealth than the bottom 45 percent of
American households combined. "

http://www.cooperativeindividualism....ution1999.html

Also along a similar vein:

"In 1999, three men - Bill Gates, Paul Allen, and Warren Buffet - had a net
worth greater than the combined GDP of the 41 poorest nations and their 550
million people. "

http://www.foodrevolution.org/havenot.htm

If just citing a Web site counts, here's proof that I'm right:

http://www.mxsmanic.com/proof.html

You're a real winner, Mixi.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

Miss L. Toe writes:

I cant find the recent source where I spotted that but:

http://www.commondreams.org/pressrel...98/072798a.htm

and :
" Microsoft CEO Bill Gates has more wealth than the bottom 45 percent

of
American households combined. "

http://www.cooperativeindividualism....ution1999.html

Also along a similar vein:

"In 1999, three men - Bill Gates, Paul Allen, and Warren Buffet - had a

net
worth greater than the combined GDP of the 41 poorest nations and their

550
million people. "

http://www.foodrevolution.org/havenot.htm

If just citing a Web site counts, here's proof that I'm right:

http://www.mxsmanic.com/proof.html

You're a real winner, Mixi.

Lol...he's putting us on -- *right*!?

--
Best
Greg

Old May 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On Sun, 21 May 2006 00:53:14 -0700, dgs wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Saudi Arabia is in a very precarious position, because once the oil
runs out, there will be nothing.

Good. Serves them right.

Why? What have they done wrong?

I found a quote in this thread, and I believe it conveys the answer
you are seeking:

"I hate to say it, but after much consideration, my opinion of muslims
is coming on par with yours. They truly are all ****ed in the head."
--
dgs
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Mxsmanic wrote:

Saudi Arabia is in a very precarious position, because once the oil
runs out, there will be nothing.

Good. Serves them right.

Why? What have they done wrong?

I found a quote in this thread, and I believe it conveys the answer
you are seeking:

"I hate to say it, but after much consideration, my opinion of muslims
is coming on par with yours. They truly are all ****ed in the head."

Apparently you have much time, but little idea.
--
---
Old May 29th, 2006, 11:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy wrote:
Following up to Bert Hyman

I lay all of Africa and the middle east, most of Asia and a good
chunk of South America on Europe's door step.

I don't see why it can't be both. I think it's safe to say that both
Europe and the US have a lot of blame to share.

Hey, hey! We had nothing to do with it here in Slovenia. We're *Eastern*
Europe, remember? :-P

Gorazd

Old May 29th, 2006, 11:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Gorazd Bozic wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy wrote:
Following up to Bert Hyman

I lay all of Africa and the middle east, most of Asia and a good
chunk of South America on Europe's door step.

I don't see why it can't be both. I think it's safe to say that both
Europe and the US have a lot of blame to share.

Hey, hey! We had nothing to do with it here in Slovenia. We're *Eastern*
Europe, remember? :-P

You're _new_ Europe, remember!

We'll be in Ljubljana in August for a few days- looking forward to it!

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:51:04 +0200, Gorazd Bozic
wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy wrote:
Following up to Bert Hyman

I lay all of Africa and the middle east, most of Asia and a good
chunk of South America on Europe's door step.

I don't see why it can't be both. I think it's safe to say that both
Europe and the US have a lot of blame to share.

Hey, hey! We had nothing to do with it here in Slovenia. We're *Eastern*
Europe, remember? :-P

You guys are RICH! Damn, if only your neighbours had learnt a thing or
two from you...

Don't put Italy and Austria down now!

Old May 29th, 2006, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 29 May 2006 21:39:42 +0100,

wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy wrote:
Following up to Bert Hyman

I lay all of Africa and the middle east, most of Asia and a good
chunk of South America on Europe's door step.
I don't see why it can't be both. I think it's safe to say that both
Europe and the US have a lot of blame to share.

Hey, hey! We had nothing to do with it here in Slovenia. We're *Eastern*
Europe, remember? :-P

You guys are RICH! Damn, if only your neighbours had learnt a thing or
two from you...

Don't put Italy and Austria down now!

For economic growth, Slovenia's got it worked out. For now.

Just because Slovenia is very successful doesn't mean that the Balkans
are in the economic doldrums. The growth rates are healthy- admittedly
more for some than others.

Old May 29th, 2006, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:12:41 +0100,

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On Mon, 29 May 2006 21:39:42 +0100,

(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy) wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

[]
You guys are RICH! Damn, if only your neighbours had learnt a thing or
two from you...

Don't put Italy and Austria down now!

For economic growth, Slovenia's got it worked out. For now.

Just because Slovenia is very successful doesn't mean that the Balkans
are in the economic doldrums. The growth rates are healthy- admittedly
more for some than others.

Only because they're working their way up.

A good start.

Eastern Europe is in its
golden day, but I don't know if it will ever be as rich as the west.

Depends what part. I read recently that Estonia's growth could make it
one of the richer EU countries in a few years- given its tiny size, not
a huge change in the make-up of the EU, I admit.