Taxi to Keleti Pályaudvar

Old September 19th, 2006, 08:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kristian

Default Taxi to Keleti Pályaudvar

RV wrote:

can someone give me an idea of what the taxi fare from the budapest
airport to Keleti Pályaudvar will be?
thanks,,
rv

Don´t know where Keleti Pályadvar is, but if its located in Budapest
proper , expect something like 25-30 €.
--
Kristian
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

Budapest is ablaze !!

Well, there are about three cars on fire outside the TV station.

(and probably worse to come).

Apparently a politician has admitted telling lies.

There are preparations in hand to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary
of the 1956 revolution, which started as anti-government
demonstrations on 22 October. The first action was at the radio
station, and television performs a similar function now to the
function radio performed then.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kristian

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

RV wrote:

can someone give me an idea of what the taxi fare from the budapest
airport to Keleti Pályaudvar will be?

No, but if you are travelling on your own the best deal might be the
airport minibus service which will take you there for HUF 2300 (about
EUR 9). No need to pre-book. You get your ticket at a desk in the
arrivals concourse.

Last summer they had a booth just outside the terminal selling
prepaid taxi vouchers. They had Budapest divided into different zones,
and depending on the area you were going to, it would cost from 25 to
31 €. But maybe this booth is only operating in the summer ?
And going back to the airport,many hotels will also sell taxi
vouchers.

--
Kristian
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

Kristian wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

RV wrote:

can someone give me an idea of what the taxi fare from the budapest
airport to Keleti Pályaudvar will be?

No, but if you are travelling on your own the best deal might be the
airport minibus service which will take you there for HUF 2300 (about
EUR 9). No need to pre-book. You get your ticket at a desk in the
arrivals concourse.

Last summer they had a booth just outside the terminal selling
prepaid taxi vouchers. They had Budapest divided into different zones,
and depending on the area you were going to, it would cost from 25 to
31 €. But maybe this booth is only operating in the summer ?
And going back to the airport,many hotels will also sell taxi
vouchers.

I didn't have reason to observe these things, because on my last
couple of trips my airport transport was organised for me. But it is
worth knowing why some of these arrangements exist. Taxis are supposed
to be regulated in Budapest, but fares vary greatly, even when
operators are keeping to the rules. The Tourism Office of Budapest
cautions against hiring on the street and I presume that, by
extension, that applies to the airport also. From the guide: "The
larger taxi companies work with rates far lower than the maximum
charges listed..." The maximum rates are HUF 240 per km during the day
and HUF 336 at night (plus pick-up charge 300 or 420) plus waiting
charges. The customary level of tip is about 10%.

There is a possibility of rogue operators who will charge more.

I think it is about 20 km from Ferihegy to Keleti Pályaudvar, but I
could be 10 km. out.

Old September 19th, 2006, 12:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

Try this website: http://www.bud.hu/english/transport/taxi

This must be some kind of new effort to control the rip offs. I would
expect that the rail station on the east side as well will be in zone 1 or
2.
Good luck,

news

Old September 19th, 2006, 12:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

"Steve Cain" wrote:

Try this website: http://www.bud.hu/english/transport/taxi

This must be some kind of new effort to control the rip offs. I would
expect that the rail station on the east side as well will be in zone 1 or
2.

Zone 2 = 3500Ft.

Good find.