Copenhagen trip

Old December 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave

Default Copenhagen trip

I'm travelling to Copenhagen this week for a couple of days. Does anyone
have any recommendations for what to do when I'm there? Any tips, advice or
warnings?

TIA.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Dave wrote:
I'm travelling to Copenhagen this week for a couple of days. Does anyone
have any recommendations for what to do when I'm there? Any tips, advice or
warnings?

Take the train north to Helsingor to see Hamlet's castle and stop off
at the Louisiana modern art gallery on your way back.

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/copenha...rt_gallery.htm

Patrick

Old December 3rd, 2006, 06:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
trallala

try their christmas beer
ask for
"jul ol"

http://www.gugge.dk/ol/DK/madvarer8_...g_carlsjul.htm

and of course the
Carlsberg Museum
http://www.visitcarlsberg.dk/

Then a place "heated" in the Winter, because the owens (;-)
Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Manufactory
Royal Copenhagen Welcome Center, Museum
You can view the skilled work of plate artists of the world's top-rated
product, Royal Copenhagen. There are also table-setting and paint courses
that you can participate in, in addition to a special tour. Inside the
museum is an exhibit of products from when Royal Copenhagen was first
established, and you can also view the manufacturing process of ceramic
ware. Second-rate products are also sold in the outlet shop.

Welcome Centre
Søndre Fasanvej 5, 2000 Frederiksberg
Tel: 38 14 92 97 Fax: 38 14 99 15

www.royalcopenhagen.com
Transport: 400m from Solberg subway station
Tour times: Monday to Friday 9:00 to 16:00 (prior booking essential for 15
or more persons)
Closed days: Saturdays/Sundays, December 25th to 31st, May 1st, June 5th
Admission fee: 40kr (35kr for groups with 15 or more persons)

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kristian

"Dave" wrote:

I'm travelling to Copenhagen this week for a couple of days. Does anyone
have any recommendations for what to do when I'm there? Any tips, advice or
warnings?

The Christmas market in the Tivoli gardens:

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-3351.htm

--
Kristian
Old December 4th, 2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
- Bobb -[_2_]

"Kristian" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote:

I'm travelling to Copenhagen this week for a couple of days. Does
anyone
have any recommendations for what to do when I'm there? Any tips,
advice or
warnings?

The Christmas market in the Tivoli gardens:

http://www.tivoli.dk/composite-3351.htm

--
Kristian

EXACTLY !
Read this before going:
http://www.hemispheresmagazine.com/3...Copenhagen.htm
http://www.ctw.dk/ctwinprint.aspx?IssueID=60
http://www.aok.dk/section/english

Make time to visit the stroget " Walking/shopping street". For a quiet
beer - the Brewpub is good.

Old December 4th, 2006, 08:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Smith

Dave wrote:

I'm travelling to Copenhagen this week for a couple of days. Does anyone
have any recommendations for what to do when I'm there? Any tips, advice or
warnings?

Dress warm, it may not be that cold, but it is a damp cold. Take
lots of money. It is a very nice city, but quite expensive. Take
some time to stroll around in the Stroget. Try some smoked eel
there. It is wonderful. I hope you like beer. Danish beer is
great, and one of the few things that is not a lot more expensive
than everywhere else. When you get there, get a copy of
Copenhagen This Week, available just about everywhere, and free.
It has listings of all the events.