Orlando To Port Everglades Transport

Old March 30th, 2009, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tim McDonough

Default Orlando To Port Everglades Transport

My wife and I have just signed up for HAL's ms Statendam's 16-day Holiday
trip through the Panama Canal. We depart Ft. Lauderdale on Dec 21st, but
instaed of flying right to FLL on the 20th, we have considerdd flying to
Orlando on the 19th and visiting Epcot on the 1st. What options are
available for transport from Orlando to Port Everglades (on the 21st?)?

Thanks!

-Tim
P.S. Looking forward to my first cruise of more than 7 days!
Old March 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

We have driven ourselves from Orlando to FLL several times in a rental car.
The drive is 3 1/2 to 4 hours via I 95, a littke shorter if you take the
Turnpike (toll road).

The last time we booked a mid-sized car on line from Budget in February,
2009. I think the cost was about $35.00 plus tax and gas. There is no drop
charge on Budget, and you can drop it at FLL (airport) and take the free
shuttle to the port.

This is much cheaper than any transport you might find from Orlando to Port
Everglades, as long as you don't mind driving and the highway was in great
shape.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old March 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message
[...]

I have also rented a car and driven this route. It was cheap and easy.
Plan on getting hooked on longer cruises; I find 28 to be a nice number of
days. Give serious consideration to B2B cruises. There is a special
feeling to watching everybody else get off while you relax over a leisurely
breakfast and then lean on the rail and watch the real world go hustling by
as you stay in vacation mode. It's one of the better feelings in life
(VBG).

Harry Cooper

Old March 31st, 2009, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 3/30/2009 2:38 PM Tim McDonough "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
My wife and I have just signed up for HAL's ms Statendam's 16-day Holiday
trip through the Panama Canal. We depart Ft. Lauderdale on Dec 21st, but
instaed of flying right to FLL on the 20th, we have considerdd flying to
Orlando on the 19th and visiting Epcot on the 1st. What options are
available for transport from Orlando to Port Everglades (on the 21st?)?

Thanks!

-Tim
P.S. Looking forward to my first cruise of more than 7 days!

I'm confused. You want to fly into Orlando on the 19th, your cruise
departs Ft. Lauderdale yet want to visit Epcot on the first of the next
month? Won't that put you in the middle of the Panama Canal? Wouldn't it
be easier to do Epcot on the 19th or 20th of the month previous? Which
one of us is in the Twilight Zone? ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tim McDonough

In article Brian K winked:
[...]

Oops, let me proof-read and correct my own post...

My wife and I have just signed up for HAL's ms Statendam's 16-day holiday
trip through the Panama Canal. The cruise departs Ft. Lauderdale on Dec
21st, but instead of flying right to FLL on Dec 20th (we are coming from the
west so travel to FLL on embrakation day doesn't work), we have considered
flying to Orlando on Dec 19th and visiting Epcot on Dec 20th. What options
are available for transport from Orlando to Port Everglades (on Dec 21st?)?

Old April 6th, 2009, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 4/1/2009 11:10 PM Tim McDonough "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
In article Brian K winked:

[...]

Try Gulfstream International's website http://gulfstreamair.com/ or one
of the many ticket consolidators: CheapTickets - Expedia - Hotwire -
Kayak - Orbitz - Travelosity - Priceline. All offer flights from
Orlando (MCO) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL)

--
________