San Pedro berth?

Old April 8th, 2009, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Judy Heuman

Default San Pedro berth?

We are taking the Norwegian Pearl Panama Canal cruise from Miami to
Los Angeles in a few weeks. We have a friend in LA who will pick us
up at the ship in San Pedro, but asked me to tell her which berth we
will be docked at.

Can you tell me how to find out which berth will be used? Is this
something you can find out in advance?

One last question: Is there anything tricky about having her pick us
up -- will she have any special problems getting somewhat close to
where we disembark?

Thanks.

Judy
Judy Heuman
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 21:14:13 -0400, Judy Heuman
wrote:

We are taking the Norwegian Pearl Panama Canal cruise from Miami to
Los Angeles in a few weeks. We have a friend in LA who will pick us
up at the ship in San Pedro, but asked me to tell her which berth we
will be docked at.

Can you tell me how to find out which berth will be used? Is this
something you can find out in advance?

One last question: Is there anything tricky about having her pick us
up -- will she have any special problems getting somewhat close to
where we disembark?

When we came in on the NCLA Pride of Hawaii, we didn't know in advance
which pier we would be going to, but it looked like they were all next
to each other, not spread out for miles.

There were various marked zones in the lot outside the terminal, like
at an airport (bus, taxi, pickup, etc). The people who picked us up
were able to drive right up to where were standing, but we had cell
phones so we were able to tell them where to go.

Old April 8th, 2009, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

the mariner of the seas uses berth 91 and 92. the monarch of the seas used
to use 93. the princess ships use 93.
they are right next to each other so every ship is visable. when driving in
you can use the 91, 92, 93 signs to know which driveway to use.

Old April 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Judy Heuman" wrote in message
We are taking the Norwegian Pearl Panama Canal cruise from Miami to
Los Angeles in a few weeks. We have a friend in LA who will pick us
up at the ship in San Pedro, but asked me to tell her which berth we
will be docked at.

Can you tell me how to find out which berth will be used? Is this
something you can find out in advance?

One last question: Is there anything tricky about having her pick us
up -- will she have any special problems getting somewhat close to
where we disembark?

Thanks.

Judy
Judy Heuman

This web page will give the location of the pier assigned to the Pearl.
Since 91-92 is being used by Mariner of the Seas on the day of your arrival
I would suspect that you will be going to pier 93 but it still shows
TBA.....

This is a long URL which starts with http: and ends with F5%2F1. I have
done a snip URL to shorten it, click
http://snipurl.com/fhaxt
[www_sanpedrocalendar_com]

http://www.sanpedrocalendar.com/scri...e=2009%2F5%2F1

Hope this helps.

Old April 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Judy Heuman

Thanks to all who replied to my questions about the San Pedro pier. I
sent the calendar to my friend who will check again before we dock on
May 3. And, I've sent her the info on how to find the docks.

You are great -- a fund of valuable information! Thank you.

Judy
Judy Heuman