Celebrity

Old April 9th, 2009, 07:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

Default Celebrity

On Apr 9, 9:03*am, Rosalie B. wrote:

That's what I'd like to do - I hope I can get Bob to agree.- Hide quoted text -

Give him 2 options: pay to send out the laundry or he does it.

Warren

Old April 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Warren wrote:

On Apr 9, 9:03*am, Rosalie B. wrote:

That's what I'd like to do - I hope I can get Bob to agree.- Hide quoted text -

Give him 2 options: pay to send out the laundry or he does it.

He already does it. I haven't done the laundry for some years. He
started doing the laundry and cooking about 20 years ago (he was
working locally, and I was commuting 100 miles each way), and I don't
dare touch it now. It has to be done his way. The socks have to
paired/folded his way, the detergents and bleach are done his way etc.

Old April 9th, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

We did the drive to baltimore when we went on the granduer of the
seas,and believe me it was a much nicer experience than trying to fly.
Parking is very close to the ship,and when we disembarked,a very short
walk to our car and in 2 hours we were pulling up in our driveway,most
convenient. That is
why we are now going to baltimore in november on celebrity.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

ROSALIE:
The mercury goes from nov.30th to dec.12th a 12 day cruise

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old April 10th, 2009, 05:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:19:11 -0400, Rosalie B.
wrote:

It's nice to know that Mercury will feel less crowded.

I've only been on a weekend cruise on the Mercury, but it felt crowded
to me. There were long lines to get into the dining room, even with
fixed seatings. The spa was crowded and noisy.

Old April 10th, 2009, 02:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

wrote:

It's nice to know that Mercury will feel less crowded.

I've only been on a weekend cruise on the Mercury, but it felt crowded
to me. There were long lines to get into the dining room, even with
fixed seatings. The spa was crowded and noisy.

The other ship has even more people...

--Tom

Old April 12th, 2009, 07:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 4/8/2009 7:58 PM Rosalie B. "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
I'd like to do a cruise this winter (Dec-Feb) out of Baltimore or
somewhere within a day's drive. The choices seem to be limited to
Celebrity Mercury or Carnival Pride, and the Pride only goes to the
Bahamas and is a much bigger ship than I like - two strikes against
her. We could do back-to-back on Mercury and do Bahamas and then
Caribbean (9 days and then 12 days), but they apparently don't have
self service laundry. I really don't like not having a laundry
available. What do people do? Maybe I should just to the Caribbean.

When I'm on vacation on a cruise, I normally don't plan on doing
laundry. What to people do when there are no laundry facilities on
board? They use the ships laundry service. Alternativly, they wash their
cloths in the bathtub or sink then hang them up on the shower curtain
rod. Does anyone know if Celebrity has those retractable lines for
hanging swim wear to dry after rinsing it out? That would make a good
clothesline.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:13:39 -0400, Brian K
wrote:

When I'm on vacation on a cruise, I normally don't plan on doing
laundry. What to people do when there are no laundry facilities on
board? They use the ships laundry service. Alternativly, they wash their
cloths in the bathtub or sink then hang them up on the shower curtain
rod. Does anyone know if Celebrity has those retractable lines for
hanging swim wear to dry after rinsing it out? That would make a good
clothesline.

They did on the Infinity. It might vary by cabin or ship.

Old April 12th, 2009, 12:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rik Brown[_111_]

Carol Eskra;2933491 Wrote:
I took a 14 day cruise to Hawaii and never ran out of clean clothes.

Reminds me of my days as a student at the University of Hawaii. I used
to go several weeks on one laundry load as I only wore t-shirts,
short-shorts, undies and zori to classes. One's clothing needs are much
less in the Islands.

-- Rik

--
Rik Brown

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.com' (http://forums.TRAVEL.com).
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Old April 12th, 2009, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

wrote:

When I'm on vacation on a cruise, I normally don't plan on doing
laundry. What to people do when there are no laundry facilities on
board? They use the ships laundry service. Alternativly, they wash their
cloths in the bathtub or sink then hang them up on the shower curtain
rod. Does anyone know if Celebrity has those retractable lines for
hanging swim wear to dry after rinsing it out? That would make a good
clothesline.

They did on the Infinity. It might vary by cabin or ship.

All of the ships that I have cruised on have had them in the shower or over
the tub.

--Jean