dock in san juan

Old December 29th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Seaver

Default dock in san juan

I am looking for a hotel in san juan in the event we want to go a day
early...can anyone tell me if the pier that RCCL uses in san juan is in old
san juan or the city of san juan?

thanks

scott

Old December 29th, 2003, 09:07 PM
jcoulter

"Seaver" wrote in
:

I am looking for a hotel in san juan in the event we want to go a day
early...can anyone tell me if the pier that RCCL uses in san juan is
in old san juan or the city of san juan?

thanks

scott

EVeryone (well the majors anyway) all use Old San Juan
Old December 29th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Dick Goldhaber

The pier that we used back in 2001 is, or used to be when I was younger,
within walking distance of both forts, El Morro and San Cristobal although
San Cristobal is pretty much straight uphill.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 29th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Charles

In article , Seaver
wrote:

I am looking for a hotel in san juan in the event we want to go a day
early...can anyone tell me if the pier that RCCL uses in san juan is in old
san juan or the city of san juan?

They use two piers. If you are on Adventure of the Seas you will be
probably be at the Pan American Terminal which is not in Old San Juan.
If you are on one of their other ships you may be at the pier in Old
San Juan.

--
Charles
Old December 29th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Charles

In article , Dick Goldhaber
wrote:

The pier that we used back in 2001 is, or used to be when I was younger,
within walking distance of both forts, El Morro and San Cristobal although
San Cristobal is pretty much straight uphill.

You were on an RCI out of San Juan in 2001? RCI uses different piers in
San Juan when the ship embarks there. There are not enough docks in Old
San Juan for all the ships that home port there on the weekend.

--
Charles
Old December 29th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Tom & Linda

RCI's mega ship docks at the old airport pier. Other RCI ships dock in
Old San Juan.

90% of all hotels are within about 3 miles of either.

--Tom

Old December 29th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Tom & Linda

jcoulter wrote:

"Seaver" wrote in
:

I am looking for a hotel in san juan in the event we want to go a day
early...can anyone tell me if the pier that RCCL uses in san juan is
in old san juan or the city of san juan?

thanks

scott

EVeryone (well the majors anyway) all use Old San Juan

Not correct. Not for embarkation. Adventure goes to the old airport
pier, where Constellation goes.

--Tom
Old December 30th, 2003, 12:36 AM
jcoulter

Tom & Linda wrote in news:3FF0BF07.DB9638B7
@worldnet.att.net:

jcoulter wrote:

"Seaver" wrote in
:

I am looking for a hotel in san juan in the event we want to go a day
early...can anyone tell me if the pier that RCCL uses in san juan is
in old san juan or the city of san juan?

thanks

scott

EVeryone (well the majors anyway) all use Old San Juan

Not correct. Not for embarkation. Adventure goes to the old airport
pier, where Constellation goes.

--Tom

Looks like I need to sail out of San Juan more often VBG