Trip report and photos Botswana

Old September 27th, 2007, 08:26 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
John Macdonald

Default Trip report and photos Botswana

We have just completed our annual trip report if anyone is interested.

http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holidays/botswana2.htm
http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holida...na2/report.htm

It covers a 4 week self-drive in Botswana including the Tuli block,
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Central Kalahari Game reserve and Moremi.

There are a few good pictures of lion cubs and a bad one of an aardvark!

Africa finally got to me and I am off to work in Malawi, and hopefully
to travel more widely from there.
--
John Macdonald
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:49 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , John Macdonald
writes
We have just completed our annual trip report if anyone is interested.

http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holidays/botswana2.htm
http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holida...na2/report.htm

It covers a 4 week self-drive in Botswana including the Tuli block,
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Central Kalahari Game reserve and Moremi.

There are a few good pictures of lion cubs and a bad one of an aardvark!

Africa finally got to me and I am off to work in Malawi, and hopefully
to travel more widely from there.

Lovely photos John, thanks for the lilac breasted roller I always loved
that bird in flight!
Good luck with the job in Malawi, Africa will get to you, my husband
worked with civil engineering consultants in Nigeria and, best of all,
in Kenya, who had the same name as yourself.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:39 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Wildpicture

Pat Anderson schreef:
In message , John Macdonald
writes
We have just completed our annual trip report if anyone is interested.
http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holidays/botswana2.htm
http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holida...na2/report.htm

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

I liked the picture of the ferry. Brought back memories of the time when
we took the ferry from Botswana (Kwazungula?) into Zambia. The ferry
trip was a much an enterprise as getting acros the border. :-)

I still remember how the Zambian customs officals didn't care at all
about all our bags of expensive camera equipment. But still they
insisted on having the serial number of the car radio. :-)

Also there was a truck driver standing next to us at the border. When
asked if he had anything to declare, he told that he had a shotgun with
him. The customs offical asked for the reason and the driver answered
"supplementary food" without even blinking his eyes. No further
questions were asked.....

Ziz iz Africa :-)

Regards,
Hans
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Hans-Georg Michna

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:26:18 +0100, John Macdonald wrote:

We have just completed our annual trip report if anyone is interested.

http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holidays/botswana2.htm
http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holida...na2/report.htm

It covers a 4 week self-drive in Botswana including the Tuli block,
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Central Kalahari Game reserve and Moremi.

There are a few good pictures of lion cubs and a bad one of an aardvark!

Africa finally got to me and I am off to work in Malawi, and hopefully
to travel more widely from there.

John,

thanks for the photos. I think they are very good.

I also appreciate that you present a first rate selection,
rather than a large number of mediocre photos, as some other web
sites do.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Corné.[_2_]

"John Macdonald" wrote in message
We have just completed our annual trip report if anyone is interested.

http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holidays/botswana2.htm
http://www.wildworldweb.co.uk/holida...na2/report.htm

It covers a 4 week self-drive in Botswana including the Tuli block,
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Central Kalahari Game reserve and Moremi.

There are a few good pictures of lion cubs and a bad one of an aardvark!

Africa finally got to me and I am off to work in Malawi, and hopefully to
travel more widely from there.
--
John Macdonald

B E A U T I F U L picture of the african skies! Can't wait to see Orion
again.

Thanks,

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
jeanmichel.renouard

congratulations
very nice pictures and lots of information about !
I've been many times to Botswana leading French groups
of tourists on a self drive basis (4x4 with "compass ventgures". see my site
http://jeanmichel.renouard.free.fr
best regards
Jean Michel Renouard Esq

news: ...