Acommadation SYDNEY dec. 26-04 - jan 1-05 HELP!!!

Old November 9th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Brizze

Default Acommadation SYDNEY dec. 26-04 - jan 1-05 HELP!!!

G'day All,

I was hoping that someone here might help my wife and i to find place to
stay in Sydney over christmas and newyears eve Dec 26-04 - Jan1-05 .

I thought that we would be in good time in planing this trip, eventhough i
knew that it was your christmas holliday.
I guess i was wrong, because it seems that every room in Sydney is taken, so
if anyone can help us we
would be very greatfull!

Thanks a lot,
Brian & Virginija, Copenhagen, Denmark

Old November 9th, 2004, 10:24 PM
David Bennetts

"Brizze" wrote in message
G'day All,

I was hoping that someone here might help my wife and i to find place to
stay in Sydney over christmas and newyears eve Dec 26-04 - Jan1-05 .

I thought that we would be in good time in planing this trip, eventhough i
knew that it was your christmas holliday.
I guess i was wrong, because it seems that every room in Sydney is taken,

so
if anyone can help us we
would be very greatfull!

Thanks a lot,
Brian & Virginija, Copenhagen, Denmark

Not quite booked out, but bookings for New Years eve in particular can be
very heavy. Don't know what standard of hotel you're looking for, but
www.expedia.com shows some vacancies, and chain hotels also - see for
example www.choicehotels.com which shows some vacancies in suburban areas
within a 10 km distance of the city centre and within about a half hour
journey by bus or train.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old November 10th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Alan

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:06:52 +0100, "Brizze" wrote:

G'day All,

I was hoping that someone here might help my wife and i to find place to
stay in Sydney over christmas and newyears eve Dec 26-04 - Jan1-05 .

I thought that we would be in good time in planing this trip, eventhough i
knew that it was your christmas holliday.
I guess i was wrong, because it seems that every room in Sydney is taken, so
if anyone can help us we
would be very greatfull!

Thanks a lot,
Brian & Virginija, Copenhagen, Denmark

I haven't used them, but my son gave good reports on OzStays:

http://www.ozstays.com.au/

Worth a try.

Also, if you are able to use one of the priceline sites, I found them to
be brilliant last year. If you can't use the US one,
http://www.priceline.com/, then I was accepted as a foreigner on the
Singapore site at http://www.priceline.com.sg/eng/Default_hotel.asp.

I haven't tried http://www.priceline.co.uk/ but they may suit you
better, as closer to home. I don't think there is a Danish site.

Before using priceline, study their rules of bidding and agreement very
carefully. They are brilliant when they work (I toured the US last year
for an average of US$35 in country motels, plus $72 in the Capitol
Hilton and $111 in the Millennium Hotel in Times Square) but they are
totally inflexible if you bid incorrectly.

Cheers, Alan
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Alan

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:09:12 +1000, Alan
wrote:

[...]

PS

I just checked through Singapore Priceline, which had 67 Hotels listed
for Sydney over those dates, although availability wasn't shown. The
best way with priceline is to bid and see if you get a booking, but
remember if you do the booking is final and cc is debitted instantly.

Cheers, Alan
Old November 10th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Brizze

Thanks, David and Alan.

Ofcourse we would like the acommadations to as cheap as possible and as
close to Sydney CBD as possible........good luck! i can hear you thinking
It seems like a Mission Impossible

Cheers,
Brian

Old November 10th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Alan

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:19:04 +0100, "Brizze" wrote:

Thanks, David and Alan.

Ofcourse we would like the acommadations to as cheap as possible and as
close to Sydney CBD as possible........good luck! i can hear you thinking
It seems like a Mission Impossible

Cheers,
Brian

I've just had a try for myself bidding on Sydney for 3 days commencing
January 3rd through the Singapore Priceline site. No luck yet, but I
quit at SG$91 for 3*, as I'm a cheapskate:-)

One difference with the Singapore site compared to a year ago on US
Priceline, I can re-bid as long as I go up by $5. However, I was usually
successful at lower prices with the US system.

Cheers, Alan
Old November 10th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Tony Bailey

Ofcourse we would like the acommadations to as cheap as possible and as
close to Sydney CBD as possible........good luck! i can hear you thinking

It seems like a Mission Impossible

If you have deep pockets and contact the hotels direct you will get
something.

--
Tony Bailey
Mercury Travel Books

Old November 11th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Tom Johnstone

Brizze wrote:
Thanks, David and Alan.

Ofcourse we would like the acommadations to as cheap as possible and as
close to Sydney CBD as possible........good luck! i can hear you thinking
It seems like a Mission Impossible

Cheers,
Brian

Last year we were looking for a place in Sydney over the New Year, and
faced the same problem. In the end we stayed at Sydney University
Village, in a studio apartment (really just a room with ensuite bathroom
and fridge):

http://www.suv.com.au/

Not flash, but quite respectable and in a fairly convenient location.

Tom

Old November 21st, 2004, 09:39 PM
Elvira Wolff

you can search at: