Accomodation in Sydney

Old January 28th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Default Accomodation in Sydney

Keep away from Aarons Hotel, its a bit of a dive.
Cheaper rooms gives you the verandah area.
Have a look at www.wotif.com.au
and www.needitnow.com.au
should get some good prices for Sydney CBD

I stayed at
Park Regis Hotel
27 Park Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
last year and it was quite good.I paid $115AUD
Very central on corner of Park & Castlereigh st.
near to all transport Trasin which goes to airport via central loop is close
by
and monorail also nearby.
Buses aplenty to everywhere.

They have a swimming pool on top opf building for guests
Feb is usually hot.

I notice nothing much in next 14 days for it at www.needitnow.com.au though
www.Wotif.com.au has some nights in Feb.at $129.00 AUD
Twin = 2 single beds
Single = one single bed
double = one double bed.

BTW do you know there is a Sydney pass which gets you around on trains/buses
ferries etc
plus the 3 tourist buses have a look at http://www.sydneypass.info/
regards
John H

"saby" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am visting Sydney in mid Feb for five days along with my wife and am
now looking for accomodation. We are looking for a safe and clean
budget place where we can get a good night sleep (preferably a quiet
place). We are only looking for places that have private bathrooms. We
will not be having a rental car while in Sydney so we are also looking
at places close to public transport and reasonable places to eat.

What is the difference between a single, twin and a double ensuite?
Does this refer to the presence of a single bed, two twin beds and a
double bed? I am assuming I would need a double bed for the two of us.
Is this correct?

I had heard good things about the YHA hostel (the central and the
railway one) - however neither of them have any private rooms left. I
do see the following available. Which of these would you recommend?
Are there any other places I should be looking at?
1. Y on the park (YWCA hotel located near Hyde park). for about $99 a
night for a double traditional.
2. Big Hostel on Elizabeth St. $93 for a double ensuite room
3. Wake up hostel. $98 for a double ensuite
4. Aaron's hotel (Ultimo Rd Chinatown). 3 nights for $125 and 2 nights
for $167.

-thanks a lot,
Saby

Old January 30th, 2007, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Landlord

"saby" wrote in message
[...]

Travelodge Sydney is good value. You can even cook in your own room. They
come with micro-wave,cutlery etc. Very central. Nice pub across the road.
Close to everything.

http://www.sydney.com.au/travelodge_hotel.htm

LL

Old January 31st, 2007, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Fred[_4_]

"saby" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am visting Sydney in mid Feb for five days along with my wife and am
now looking for accomodation. We are looking for a safe and clean
budget place where we can get a good night sleep (preferably a quiet
place). We are only looking for places that have private bathrooms. We
will not be having a rental car while in Sydney so we are also looking
at places close to public transport and reasonable places to eat.

Sydney Motels here from $65.00 upwards.

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...rectory/motels

Old February 10th, 2007, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

On 30 Jan, 08:54, "saby" wrote:
[...]

I stayed at the BIG Hostel back in 2005 and would recommend staying
there, the hostel was comfortable, clean and friendly and a good place
to relax is it was quiet. I'ts also in good walking distance from the
centre of Sydney and there are lots of things to do and see close by.

Sarah

Old February 16th, 2007, 02:34 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
sherenalina

Hi! Good choice! Sydney's great during summer this Feb.
Now, if you're looking for a nice "within-the-budget" accommodation in
Sydney, Sovereign Inn Crows Nest is my bet. It's only 135 AUD for all
sorts of bedrooms (single, double, queensize, etc).

It's a treat for gourmet travelers with more than 80 bars and
restaurants of the city at your doorstep! Aside from that, it's very
accessible to public transport. Shopping centers and dining spots are
conveniently reachable when you stay in this motel in Sydney.

-sherenalina-

--
sherenalina
Please reply to the newsgroup or PM me at TRAVEL.com.