Hawaiian Airlines NOT HORRIBLE

Old November 12th, 2003, 02:39 PM
BFSON

Default Hawaiian Airlines NOT HORRIBLE

We've flown them from the West Coast to Hawaii three times and found them just
fine.
Old November 12th, 2003, 05:45 PM
None

We've flown them from the West Coast to Hawaii three times and found them
just
fine.

I've flown Hawaiian Air several times, the most recent last June. They were
marvelous, no problems, excellent food, service and I never dealt with a
single employee at Hawaiian that didn't know how to treat a customer right.
We had to change our return trip two times due to illness, they were very
accommodating, (as was the Halekulani Hotel in extending our reservation
without question) and they waived any change fees. Avis, on the other hand,
was a bit ****y over keeping the car three extra days, but they got over it.

I've always recommended Hawaiian Air, and have yet to find a reason not to.

Sounds like the original OP just had a bad day.

Old November 12th, 2003, 06:14 PM
mrtravel

None wrote:

I've always recommended Hawaiian Air, and have yet to find a reason not to.

Sounds like the original OP just had a bad day.

You would too if you had packed you computer in a soft bag and checked
it..

Old November 12th, 2003, 06:56 PM
None

"mrtravel" wrote in message
.. .
None wrote:

I've always recommended Hawaiian Air, and have yet to find a reason not

to.

Sounds like the original OP just had a bad day.

You would too if you had packed you computer in a soft bag and checked
it..

If I am ever silly enough to pack a laptop in a softsider, I would hope that
someone would teach me a lesson and shove it up my fanny for me! Hardsider
cases made just for notebooks are relatively cheap compared to the
alternative.

Old November 12th, 2003, 06:58 PM
mrtravel

None wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote in message
.. .

None wrote:

I've always recommended Hawaiian Air, and have yet to find a reason not

to.

Sounds like the original OP just had a bad day.

You would too if you had packed you computer in a soft bag and checked
it..

If I am ever silly enough to pack a laptop in a softsider, I would hope that
someone would teach me a lesson and shove it up my fanny for me!

This airline is gentler.. The lesson taught was a simple smashing...

Old November 12th, 2003, 07:02 PM
None

"mrtravel" wrote in message
.. .

None wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote in message
.. .

None wrote:

I've always recommended Hawaiian Air, and have yet to find a reason not

to.

Sounds like the original OP just had a bad day.

You would too if you had packed you computer in a soft bag and checked
it..

If I am ever silly enough to pack a laptop in a softsider, I would hope

that
someone would teach me a lesson and shove it up my fanny for me!

This airline is gentler.. The lesson taught was a simple smashing...

Nah, that would have been those Union rampers doling out that advice - but
how they knew it was in there was just astounding!

I'm guessing they just got lucky.

Old November 12th, 2003, 07:04 PM
mrtravel

None wrote:

If I am ever silly enough to pack a laptop in a softsider, I would hope

that

someone would teach me a lesson and shove it up my fanny for me!

This airline is gentler.. The lesson taught was a simple smashing...

Nah, that would have been those Union rampers doling out that advice - but
how they knew it was in there was just astounding!

I'm guessing they just got lucky.

Not luck, the bag was unlocked

Old November 12th, 2003, 07:22 PM
None

Default Hawaiian Airlines NOT HORRIBLE ADD UA Baggage

On the up side, in the late 80s on a return trip from Honolulu on United via
San Francisco, one of my bags was totally lost. They busted their hump
trying to locate it, no luck. As bad luck would have it, all the "trinkets"
I bought for friends and family on that trip were in that bag, and lost. UA
was exceptionally professional about the lost bag, followed the rules to the
letter and when they finally decided the bag was never to be found, they
paid out a lost baggage claim in the amount of $1,157.00

I've never flown UA to Hawaii again, but won't forget the professionalism
they showed throughout that entire ordeal.

Many airlines who fly to the pacific islands realize that many of their
passengers are on a once in a lifetime vacation, and one little problem can
mess up the whole thing. The UA manager of the airport I dealt with (COS)
was very professional, and I could tell he felt really bad about it. I
almost hated taking their money . . . but I wasn't completely crazy :-)

The moral is, **** happens when you travel. If you can't afford to loose
it, DON'T TAKE IT. If you want to make damn sure it gets there, Ship it
UPS. Did you know you can pretty much ship a laptop from anywhere in the US
to HNL with UPS for a peasley 26 bucks, and that would include 1200.00 bucks
worth of insurance? What a deal compared to worrying about airline luggage
handlers and. . . it's there when you arrive, and if you send it back the
same way, you can schedule it to be delivered the day after you get home!

If you absolutely can't travel without it . . . then you need to get a small
briefcase and carry it on board with you. If you pack an expensive computer
in your checked baggage, then in my estimation you are nothing but one of
those passengers who is trolling for something . . .anything at all to bitch
about.

"mrtravel" wrote in message
.. .

Old November 12th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Mark Hewitt

"None" wrote in message
nk.net...

If I am ever silly enough to pack a laptop in a softsider, I would hope

that
someone would teach me a lesson and shove it up my fanny for me!

I would be careful with that term, it doesn't have the same meaning in the
USA as it does elsewhere.