GGC2005 - Call for Bids

Old April 14th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Lloyd Parsons

Default GGC2005 - Call for Bids

In article , Ed Wynn
wrote:

Hey Lloyd,

Have not been on rtc in weeks. What is the later date that you refer
to??

Ed in Las Vegas (sailing on the Sun Princess on Monday 4/19)

The preference voting came out very strongly for Apr-May cruise vice
the usual January. Still Caribbean, but also wanting something a bit
more than the usual 7-day east/west type.

Like an 8 or 9 day??????

Lloyd
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Ed Wynn

April is when we usually take our first cruise of the year, so that
time frame might work for us as well. A smart move since so many of
our former GGC travel agents have booked personal (and more profitable
cruises to them) into the time slot usually occupied by the GGC's.

Thanks Lloyd for the information.

Ed in Las Vegas

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:35:38 GMT, Lloyd Parsons

Old April 15th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
The preference voting came out very strongly for Apr-May cruise vice
the usual January. Still Caribbean, but also wanting something a bit
more than the usual 7-day east/west type.

Like an 8 or 9 day??????

I know that it is early, Lloyd, but have you heard from any T/A yet?
Hope we get a different destination this GGC-like maybe a Southern
Caribbean??? -) Especially with an 8-9 day cruise possibility.
--Jean

Old April 15th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Lloyd Parsons

The preference voting came out very strongly for Apr-May cruise vice
the usual January. Still Caribbean, but also wanting something a bit
more than the usual 7-day east/west type.

Like an 8 or 9 day??????

I know that it is early, Lloyd, but have you heard from any T/A yet?
Hope we get a different destination this GGC-like maybe a Southern
Caribbean??? -) Especially with an 8-9 day cruise possibility.
--Jean

I have had a few requests which I hope leads to a few more and some
great bidding!

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000
GGC2002 Carnival Sensation
GGC2003 Golden Princess
GGC2004 Radiance of the Seas
GLC2005 Celebrity Millenium
Old April 15th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Terry

The preference voting came out very strongly for Apr-May cruise
vice the usual January. Still Caribbean, but also wanting something a
bit more than the usual 7-day east/west type.
Like an 8 or 9 day??????

Lloyd,
Are the TA'S free to bid Feb.-March as well or do the RFB'S specify only
April-May?
Terry.............favors the Jewel 8 day in Feb.-March best (so far
anyway)! G

Terry_ Seattle

Old April 15th, 2004, 01:24 PM
WolfpackFan

CupCaked wrote:

In years past, I've looked at the GGC web site's bios, and it seemed
that more than several people there were not regulars or lurkers on
this newsgroup. In fact, some were relatives of rtc-ers who never

Well I have a good example of that. We were on the last GGC and took my
brother and sister-in-law along as well as some good friends of ours.
Neither read r.t.c. or for that matter even know what it is. In fact,
even after the cruise I still don't think they understand what r.t.c.
is. As far as they know it's one of those computer geek things I'm
involved with.

John
Old April 15th, 2004, 01:27 PM
WolfpackFan

Ed Wynn wrote:

time frame might work for us as well. A smart move since so many of
our former GGC travel agents have booked personal (and more profitable
cruises to them) into the time slot usually occupied by the GGC's.

I have to say myself, I find this a real shame this is being done.
Really dilutes the interest in the GGC itself IMO. It's going to be real
interesting to see how many folks are interested in booking an April/May
GGC after going on a January TA formed group cruise.

John