An Idea -- Let's Trade!

Old October 1st, 2005, 03:36 AM
PorkTeriyaki

Default An Idea -- Let's Trade!

It's that time of the year to order next year's calendar. But I don't
buy just one. I collect calendars and for each year, may have as many
as 10 hanging all over my apartment. Many of them are calendars of
places I've been. Whenever I travel, I pick up a calendar of the
places I visit. So this gave me an idea of an actiivity many of us
travellers can do. We can form a trading club of sorts. I'm willing
to send a scenic calendar of Seattle to anyone who sends me a picture
calendar of their home city. We can also trade many other things we
collect. I collect T-shirts & sweatshirts of colleges & universities
of places I visit, as well as souvenier shotglasses. Are you a
collector of different things? Let's get in touch & work something out.

Old October 2nd, 2005, 06:36 AM
Catherine Milton

I collect miniature bottles of alcohol. I also just hoard everything else!

Catherine
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris

Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
PorkTeriyaki

I too have a few miniature bottles of booze but not from my travels.
What are among the "everthing else" that you "hoard"? I have a lot of
things, I picked up in my travels, which I'm reluctant to discard.
(I'm such a packrat! There's so much, for which I have not use, but
just can't bear to throw out.) Maybe we can trade some of those.

Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Catherine Milton

Hell, trading would be as difficult as discarding!

I used to collect souvenirs from happenings, and I don't mean the bought
kind. I still have the bluse they had to cut off me after my first
motorcycle accident, and that was in 1984. Second accident, I mean. I
still have the pants from the first one, with Firestone imprinted on it
mirror imaged. Okay, so I have the scars too!

I have magazines going back years, pattern books for things I'm too advanced
to sew/knit. I have jigsaw puzzles, some with pieces missing. I have board
games, for that 'rainy day', but since I live alone I'm not likely ever to
use them! I have juniper berries in a jar, because I once saw a recipe that
needed them, and have never seen it since. And today i bought a tin of
condensed milk, in case I find that recipe for microwaved fudge I saw about
a year ago!

I have the sprocket from an old bike, the front one, and the side cover,
just in case I need it. And I have enough curtains to fit a hotel, in
almost every size except the size that fits my kitchen window.

I have...

lol

Catherine
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris

oups.com...

Old October 5th, 2005, 03:41 PM
elliot

Who would want a calendar from Seatlle???