Flight promotion: best period to buy a ticket for a flight inDecember from the UK to Australia?

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
max11

Default Flight promotion: best period to buy a ticket for a flight inDecember from the UK to Australia?

Hi everyone.

I want to go to Australia from the UK in December, soon before
Christmas or at the end of the week before.

I know it is quite expensive, but in which period of the year special
promotions are usually offered?

Or is it better buy normal tariffs now?

Any personal experience?

thank you

Max
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:46 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Have a look at Singapore airlines, as I have been told they are selling a
return trip London to Aust for £299.
Havent checked it out though.
John H

Old June 18th, 2009, 01:13 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Further to the previous reply
look at
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ares/index.jsp

and you will see what local specials for UK there are.

Sydney, Brisbane are showing as £399 (my mistake with the £299)
Melbourne, Perth are showing as £389
Adelaide is showing as £395
They appear not to be available in the christmas period though.

regards
John H

Old June 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Kerry Raymond

If you are prepared to travel on Christmas Day itself, you can often get a
cheaper price as most people don't want to travel on that day.

As to the movement of prices with time, I think it's a case of your guess is
as good as anyone's. If early sales of tickets are strong, the airlines will
figure that there is no problem selling the seats and the prices will rise.
If the early sales of tickets are weak, the airlines will figure they are
flying empty and discounts will appear. Normally December is a busy time and
tickets are not cheap, but OTOH we have the global financial crisis to
weaken demand. So I'm not sure that anyone has a crystal ball to answer your
question (and if anyone does, can you please advise us all on movements in
currencies, interest rates and the stock market as well as the price of
plane tickets).

Kerry

Old October 4th, 2010, 03:27 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
FortyTrav

I think AirAsia to KL is by far the cheapest option to the region ffrom
London, then it depends where in Australia you wish to go. Look at
AirAsia and Tiger from KL. Being low cost airlines, the earlier you
book, the cheaper it is going to be

--
FortyTrav
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Old November 28th, 2010, 01:10 PM
todaytourism.com todaytourism.com is offline
Banned

You can check airlines website and check for some promo there for much affordable trip...You can search from google for the sites if you don't know the airline website...You can also asked the airline costumer support for more inquiry...^_^