Venise en Bed and Breakfast.

Old June 13th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:50:59 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Deep Foiled
Malls says...

Nah, it's an English speakers newsgroups. I don't mind reading the odd
bit of swahili stuff here, but it's 99.5% English, and should be
treated as such.

And "swahili stuff" is insulting.

LOL! Yeah, sure, who is going to feel insulted by that?

Black Africans and Europeans

I very much doubt it. It's a phrase I use often in speech (to mean
anything that's not Anglo) and it has never caused offence.

You mean Anglos look down on everybody who is not Anglo ?

Given they all want to come here after having allowed their own
countries to fall apart, don't expect any concessions from me. Ye
shall reap what ye shall, and all that.

No wonder
'American' is synomimous with 'monolingual'.

Since when? American is merely synonymous with ignorance.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 14th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Gregory Morrow

Ken Blake wrote:

In ,
Martin typed:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:20:14 +0200, Magda ? wrote:

... When fixing things, change as little as possible. My
solution
meets ... that criterion.

Mine too.

Then why do you spend your time correcting trivial typos and
grammatical errors?

Especially since she's the person who wrote, in another thread
today, "I *love* the Insight Guides - but I liked their previous
format better, when it had a tad less pictures and much more
information."

That of course should be "fewer pictures," not "less pictures."
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Magda is *such* a tiresome old bag...

--
Best
Greg

Old June 14th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Citizen Ted

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:59:41 +0100, Padraig Breathnach
wrote:

When fixing things, change as little as possible. My solution meets
that criterion.

Bah, I say! Bah!

Here's the troubling sentence:
... ... ... Sadly, Magda, the opinion of someone English mother tongue is worth
... ... ... more. Sorry!

Here's the sentence corrected, in English (UK):
Sorry love, but there's bugger all you've got on native speakers of
the Queen's English.

Here's the sentence corrected, in American English:
Um, uh, OK. Well, uh, it was good. But, like, since the other guy,
like, probably does this more, then, like, um...then I'd have to say
it was him.

- TR

Old June 14th, 2005, 10:06 PM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

Gregory Morrow
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

[]
Magda is *such* a tiresome old bag...

Yeah, but she's an European old bag...

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old June 16th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Pier

Yes, sure.
I suggest www.bbmestrina.com.

Bye bye.
Pier.

Gerrit 't Hart a =E9crit :
"algiardino" wrote in message
oups.com...
Le bed and breakfast "Al Giardino" se trouve pr=E8s de Centro Historique
de Venise, en Italie. Les n=F4tre bed and breakfast il loue des chambres
toutes avec baigne priv=E9, set de linge de chambre, t=E9l=E9vision, petit
d=E9jeuner, parking, entr=E9e ind=E9pendante, nettoyages quotidiens. Le
bed and breakfast il est confortable et pour d'Autoroutes, Gares
Ferroviaires de Venise - Sainte Lucia et de Venise - Mestre, A=E9roport
International de Venise - Marco Polo et de Venise - Tr=E9vise. Notre Bed
and Breakfast =E0 Venise est m=EAme une excellente de base de d=E9part
pour visiter, outre Centro Historique de Venise, m=EAme les =CEles de la
Lagune, les plages de Jesolo, d'Eraclea et des Villas Historiques du
"Riviera del Brenta". En utilisant les lignes publiques des bus
vous pouvez en outre vous d=E9placer avec facilit=E9 des bed and
breakfast dans tous quartiers de l'Aire M=E9tropolitaine de Venise.

Info: http://www.algiardinovenezia.it/index_fra.htm
=20
And I thought this was an English language newsgroup.