Cozumel..Renting a car

Old April 18th, 2013, 06:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Cozumel..Renting a car

I have learned that renting a car can be very time consuming and
costly while in mexico even with the added insuance. Can anyone
confirm this?
I just read a story where a preacher rented a car had an accident with
injury and he was held up for 30 hours missed his cruise home and had
to pay thousands in cash to the injured party.
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

I have learned that renting a car can be very time consuming and
costly while in mexico even with the added insuance. Can anyone
confirm this?
I just read a story where a preacher rented a car had an accident with
injury and he was held up for 30 hours missed his cruise home and had
to pay thousands in cash to the injured party.

Have heard that story but don't know if it is true.

I don't think there is much value in renting a car for a day in port at
Cozumel.

--
Charles
Old April 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Christine Cruiser

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:24:46 -0400, Charles wrote:

I don't think there is much value in renting a car for a day in port at
Cozumel.

Unless of course you want the freedom to go where you want, when you
want, at anytime you want.
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jim Watkins[_2_]

Default Baltic Cruise, August 2014 Which Line? Crystal, Oceania, Celebrity

All three of these lines have attractive itineraries. We'd like to
visit St. Petersburg and Amsterdam as a start or finish would be
great. We're talking 10-12 days. We not picky, but enjoy luxury and
can afford most at the Concierge Veranda Level. Any advice?

Also excursion advice? Thanks

(Two couples traveling together, fit but 61-63 years old). Haven't
cruised in 20 years, but safari, other land stuff almost yearly.)
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jim Watkins
wrote:

All three of these lines have attractive itineraries. We'd like to
visit St. Petersburg and Amsterdam as a start or finish would be
great. We're talking 10-12 days. We not picky, but enjoy luxury and
can afford most at the Concierge Veranda Level. Any advice?

Also excursion advice? Thanks

(Two couples traveling together, fit but 61-63 years old). Haven't
cruised in 20 years, but safari, other land stuff almost yearly.)

I did a 12 day Baltic cruise last year on Celebrity. It was great.
Spent pre cruise time and post cruise time in Amsterdam. St.Petersburg
was the highlight but most of the ports are excellent. Amsterdam,
Copenhagen, Tallinn, Berlin, Stockholm. Helsinki just OK.

I am sure Crystal and Oceania would be great too but expect they would
be more expensive than Celebrity.

For excursions I recommend private tours for St. Petersburg. We also
did a private tour to Berlin. The company we used for St. Petersburg TJ
Travel arranged our Berlin tour at a discount for using them for St.
Petersburg. I recommend them highly but there are several other
companies that offer private tours to pick from that also have
excellent reputations on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor. We arranged a
group of eight for the tour on the sailing's roll call on Cruise
Critic. The rest of the ports you don't really need excursions.

--
Charles
Old April 21st, 2013, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Christine Cruiser

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 17:30:35 -0500, Jim Watkins wrote:

All three of these lines have attractive itineraries. We'd like to
visit St. Petersburg and Amsterdam as a start or finish would be
great. We're talking 10-12 days. We not picky, but enjoy luxury and
can afford most at the Concierge Veranda Level. Any advice?

Also excursion advice? Thanks

(Two couples traveling together, fit but 61-63 years old). Haven't
cruised in 20 years, but safari, other land stuff almost yearly.)

Luxury?

Crystal, Oceania, Celebrity.

For excursions I recommend private tours for St. Petersburg. We also
did a private tour to Berlin. The company we used for St. Petersburg
TJ Travel arranged our Berlin tour at a discount for using them for
St. Petersburg. I recommend them highly but there are several other
companies that offer private tours to pick from that also have
excellent reputations on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor. We arranged a
group of eight for the tour on the sailing's roll call on Cruise
Critic.

The rest of the ports you don't really need excursions.

And Charles-Chuckie, I don't appreciate your plagiarization of my
posts.
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Christine Cruiser

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:46:56 +0200, peter wrote:

Consider HAL's Prinsendam as well. Very nice, small ship.

Stocked with farting blue hairs and diarrhetic grandads.
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:08:22 PM UTC-7, Christine Cruiser wrote:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:46:56 +0200, peter wrote:

Consider HAL's Prinsendam as well. Very nice, small ship.

Stocked with farting blue hairs and diarrhetic grandads.

I can kind of understand what you're saying in your crude way, HAL is full of old people.

There are advantages of being on a ship full of geezers. It is easier to push them aside when in the buffet line. The late night shows have plenty of empty seats. They can't see that your tuxedo is really a gag t-shirt. And you have a better chance of being the best looking person at any given time..