Jet Blue: 'Your flight is canceled, we won't re-route you, we won'tpay for a hotel, here's a refund of half your round-trip fare, now go away.'

Old July 12th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Trackerway Trackerway is offline
Member

I'm sorry to hear that they went through this. It does seem that airlines have decided customer service is a thing of the past. Well, this story is a good reason never to use JetBlue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS View Post
This morning my mom (83) and her husband (79) were scheduled on JetBlue
1402 from SFO to FLL. When they got to the airport, they were informed
that the flight was canceled due to mechanical problems.

JetBlue told them that they could take a taxi to OAK and get a Jet Blue
flight to JFK and then a Jet Blue flight to FLL, but that Jet Blue
wouldn't pay for the taxi, and the taxi ride was about $90. The airline
wouldn't schedule them on the next day's flight 1402 because it was
already full. They wouldn't rebook them onto another airline (JetBlue
doesn't do this). They wouldn't pay for a hotel or meals (no point I
guess, since they wouldn't rebook them for the next day anyway). The
only thing JetBlue would do was to refund half the cost of the
round-trip ticket. They had to buy a full fare one-way ticket on another
airline. The one-way Continental flight cost much more than the whole
round-trip on JetBlue.

Apparently there are no longer any rules that require that an airline
get you to your destination. They are free to simply give you your money
back and tell you to get lost. It's a real problem with airlines like
JetBlue that have very few flights to each airport they serve.

JetBlue doesn't abide by Rule 240, and never had to deal with it because
they came into existence after the CAB was eliminated.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:52 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Chinese Bicycle Guy

Default Jet Blue: 'Your flight is canceled, we won't re-route you, wewon't pay for a hotel, here's a refund of half your round-trip fare, now goaway.'

On Jul 9, 11:01 am, SMS wrote:
[...]

After six weeks or so, JetBlue finally offered to settle with a $200
voucher. Even though was less than they spent to get home on another
airline, they took it since they were tired of fighting with JetBlue.
At first JetBlue insisted that the voucher be only usable by them, but
after explaining to JetBlue that they couldn't risk flying JetBlue
again at their ages (both over 80), the airline agreed to let them put
the voucher in my name. So now I have one $200 voucher in my name, and
four $50 vouchers, one in each of my family member's name (a "gift"
after they canceled a route that I held four tickets on). Now I just
have to get the nerve up to fly somewhere on JetBlue and hope that
they don't cancel the route between the time I buy the ticket and the
date of the flight.