Another in-flight movie question.

Old September 10th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Peter L

Default Another in-flight movie question.

Since my last post about midnight movie brought out so many of you movie
fans, I thought I'll try this one on you guys.

On the return flight (Chicago to Sacto), they showed a movie during (in my
own mind) a more reasonable movie hour, 3:00 pm. Most passengers seemed
to have enjoyed it, except for this one arrogant ******* who thought 3:00 pm
was the perfect time for a nap. Of course he neglected to bring his own eye
shade.

In any event, after the first movie, the flight attendants thought there was
time for a second feature, The Italian Job with Charlize Theron. Any movie
with Charlize Theron in it is definitely worthwhile.

As you would have guessed, the flight arrived Sacto before the movie ended.
Eventhough we were actually early, the captain decided that he would not
circle the airport a couple of times till the movie finished. Somehow he
thought that arriving at the destination was more important than the
enjoyment of a couple of passengers.

The question then is, how did the movie end? Is it worthwhile to rent it
just to watch the last 10 minutes?

--
OK

Old September 10th, 2003, 01:52 AM
JMS

"Peter L" wrote in message
[...]

If you want to know how the movie ended, then why would you want to rent it
just for the last 10 minutes? It ends like all these movies end. The 'good'
guys win, the 'bad guys' lose and the hero gets the girl.

Old September 10th, 2003, 02:19 AM
mrtravel

Peter L wrote:
Since my last post about midnight movie brought out so many of you movie
fans, I thought I'll try this one on you guys.

On the return flight (Chicago to Sacto), they showed a movie during (in my
own mind) a more reasonable movie hour, 3:00 pm. Most passengers seemed
to have enjoyed it, except for this one arrogant ******* who thought 3:00 pm
was the perfect time for a nap. Of course he neglected to bring his own eye
shade.

Maybe it was 3 AM in his time zone or the time zone of his destination.

Old September 10th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Peter L" wrote in message

As you would have guessed, the flight arrived Sacto before the movie

ended.
Eventhough we were actually early, the captain decided that he would not
circle the airport a couple of times till the movie finished. Somehow he
thought that arriving at the destination was more important than the
enjoyment of a couple of passengers.

I don't agree that the pilot should have delayed landing.. However they
shouldn't have shown the second film if there wasn't enough time!

Old September 10th, 2003, 05:11 PM
mrtravel

Tony Rice wrote:
I want to make sure I've got your points down.

after 10pm, all pax must sleep regardless of the length of the flight

after 10pm, movies will not be tollerated

during mid afternoon flights, movies are okay but may be presented only if
the entire movie can be completed.

during mid afternoon flights, sleeping is prohibited. Anyone who attempts
to sleep outside of your parameters is an "arrogant *******"

you forgot

Movie screen light flickering keeps me awake, but I will argue with
everyone about it and avoid buying an eye mask.

Old September 10th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Yaofeng

"Peter L" wrote in message ...
[...]

I hate it when that happens. It happened to me on a few occasions. I
know, the pilot would never circle the airport to let the movie
finish. Personally I'd rather circle the airport to let it finish. I
'd never rent it to see it just the last 10 minutes.
Old September 10th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Peter L

"JMS" wrote in message
"Peter L" wrote in message
[...]

Mmm, because the last 10 minutes is when it ends? Because I have already
seen the first 90 minutes of the movie?

It ends like all these movies end. The 'good'
guys win, the 'bad guys' lose and the hero gets the girl.

They are all bunch of thieves. There are no good guys in this movie.

Old September 10th, 2003, 07:59 PM
mrtravel

Yaofeng wrote:

I hate it when that happens. It happened to me on a few occasions. I
know, the pilot would never circle the airport to let the movie
finish. Personally I'd rather circle the airport to let it finish. I
'd never rent it to see it just the last 10 minutes.

Yeah, but for Italian Job, I would rent it to see the earlier parts of
the movie. It has the best chase scene I have ever seen.

Old September 10th, 2003, 07:59 PM
mrtravel

Peter L wrote:

It ends like all these movies end. The 'good'
guys win, the 'bad guys' lose and the hero gets the girl.

They are all bunch of thieves. There are no good guys in this movie.

I thought it was about a somebody getting a job in Italy.

Old September 10th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On 10 Sep 2003 11:33:26 -0700 (Yaofeng) wrote:

:"Peter L" wrote in message ...

[...]

If you really liked the movie you should rent it anyway, as the airline movies
are often butchered^W cut in such ways that the stories lose part of their
meaning.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com