Combining 2 reservations

Old October 2nd, 2010, 08:57 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
JOEW123

Default Combining 2 reservations

Hi all

I will be in Las Vegas later this month. Our plans are to stay at the
Stratosphere. I was checking my account with DAL and I have enough
miles for a room for 1 or 2 nights. I can however book the room for
our entire 4 night stay and the pay amount that the miles will not
cover. Thing with that is it would cost me than booking the last
nights directly through the hotel. I am hoping that someone can tell
if I can combine both these reservations into one, so I only have to
check in once, as well as keep the same room for my entire stay.

Also wondering what everyone's thought's are about the Gold and Deuce
bus service. I am hoping to avoid renting a car, as I am sure that I
will have it parked in a valet lot more often than not. Might only
want it to get to downtown or to one of the 2 outlets.

JOEW123
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:36 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Walt[_4_]

In article ,
JOEW123 wrote:

Hi all

I will be in Las Vegas later this month. Our plans are to stay at the
Stratosphere. I was checking my account with DAL and I have enough
miles for a room for 1 or 2 nights. I can however book the room for
our entire 4 night stay and the pay amount that the miles will not
cover. Thing with that is it would cost me than booking the last
nights directly through the hotel. I am hoping that someone can tell
if I can combine both these reservations into one, so I only have to
check in once, as well as keep the same room for my entire stay.

That shouldn't be a problem. I've had consecutive bookings at other hotels. As long
as you've booked the same type of room on both reservations, they can combine them
for a single check-in/check-out.

In addition to the Strat's site, check some third-party sites like Kayak.com,
Vegas.com, i4vegas.com for the lowest price.

Also wondering what everyone's thought's are about the Gold and Deuce
bus service. I am hoping to avoid renting a car, as I am sure that I
will have it parked in a valet lot more often than not. Might only
want it to get to downtown or to one of the 2 outlets.

The Deuce double-decker buses are pretty slow along the Strip; it once took me an
hour to go from Fremont Street to the Excalibur. Going between the Strat and Fremont
Street isn't too bad.

The Ace Gold line is faster since it doesn't make as many stops and is
quicker-loading. Check the route map to make sure it stops near where you plan to
go. There's a stop near the Strat. Also the Gold line stops at both the downtown
and south Strip shopping outlets.

Single and multi-day passes are available from vending machines at Gold line stops.
Not sure if there's a machine at the Strat stop; if not, there should be one at the
Sahara stop. Drivers don't sell tickets so you have to use the machines.

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/route/

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/tra...are_passes.cfm

--- Walt
Old October 3rd, 2010, 07:55 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
JOEW123

On Oct 2, 1:57*pm, JOEW123 wrote:
Hi all

I will be in Las Vegas later this month. Our plans are to stay at the
Stratosphere. I was checking my account with DAL and I have enough
miles for a room for 1 or 2 nights. I can however book the room for
our entire 4 night stay and the pay amount that the miles will not
cover. Thing with that is it would cost me than booking the last
nights directly through the hotel. I am hoping that someone can tell
if I can combine both these reservations into one, so I only have to
check in once, as well as keep the same room for my entire stay.

Also wondering what everyone's thought's are about the Gold and Deuce
bus service. I am hoping to avoid renting a car, as I am sure that I
will have it parked in a valet lot more often than not. Might only
want it to get to downtown or to one of the 2 outlets.

JOEW123

Thanks to everyone who replied. I actually did the math (room rate +
taxes + resort fees) and found that I would only save a $1 or 2 by
using my miles for part of my hotel stay and booking the rest through
the hotel. In any event I just booked the hotel directly with hotel on
their website using a promo from another site called micechat.com. I
was able to get a refundable rate, so if something changes or I find a
better deal I can cancel and lose no money. Looks like DAL is basing
its prices and millage amounts on regular room rates at least at the
Stratosphere. If they would base them on the rates people actually pay
I could have a free or almost free room (of course not figuring in
resort fees).

Now I just need to look the Las Vegas public transit website to see if
they offer multiday passes on their site. I always like to purchase in
advance, so I can just get on the bus, train, or subway and go. Also
guess I should look into an airport shuttle, as well.

JOEW123