Kenya lodge safari December 2003

Old October 31st, 2003, 09:23 PM
Angelo

Default Kenya lodge safari December 2003

We are 2 Italian guys (32 and 37 yo), we are arriving in Kenya on the
19th of December 2003; on the 21st we are going to lodge safari, we are
searching for people in order to share the price of it; we are going to
Amboseli, Aberdare, Nakuru and Masai Mara for a total of 8 days. Please
do contact me at this email:
Hope to get many emails
Angelo.

Old November 1st, 2003, 12:03 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

Angelo wrote:

We are 2 Italian guys (32 and 37 yo), we are arriving in Kenya on the
19th of December 2003; on the 21st we are going to lodge safari, we are
searching for people in order to share the price of it; we are going to
Amboseli, Aberdare, Nakuru and Masai Mara for a total of 8 days. Please
do contact me at this email:
Hope to get many emails

Angelo,

there isn't much to share, actually. At least not from a
financial point of view.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old November 1st, 2003, 12:37 PM
Angelo

it is not true, there is a lot to share; the company in Kenya I am in
contact with, just told me that the more people join the safari, the lower
will be the price for each one; that is why I am searching for people
thanks
Angelo.

Old November 2nd, 2003, 03:13 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

Angelo wrote:

it is not true, there is a lot to share; the company in Kenya I am in
contact with, just told me that the more people join the safari, the lower
will be the price for each one; that is why I am searching for people
thanks

Angelo,

if this is so, then I have to retract my statement.

I hope they told you how much lower the price would be. I never
doubted it would be a bit lower, but perhaps not by much.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old November 2nd, 2003, 08:48 PM
Liz

In message
Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

Angelo wrote:

it is not true, there is a lot to share; the company in Kenya I am in
contact with, just told me that the more people join the safari, the lower
will be the price for each one; that is why I am searching for people
thanks

Angelo,

if this is so, then I have to retract my statement.

I hope they told you how much lower the price would be. I never
doubted it would be a bit lower, but perhaps not by much.

The price for the flights and accommodation will be the same (until you get
over about 12 people, or maybe 16), the cost of the vehicle/driver/petrol
will be shared. That isn't a big proportion of the total. Remember also that
the more people in the vehicle, the less room everyone has, which is a big
consideration if they are photographers with a reasonable amount of
kit. Also, with over seven people in a normal safari minibus, not everyone
will have a window seat, and the seventh person will be sitting next to the
driver will not have access to the roof hatch. Obviously, everyone should
rotate being in this seat.

Anyway, bear that in mind, and safari njema.

Liz
--
Virtual Liz at http://www.v-liz.co.uk
Kenya; Tanzania; India; Seychelles
Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:33 PM
Angelo

Liz ha scritto:

In message
Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

Angelo wrote:

[...]

I have already booked and paid my flight, and I dont pay hotel cause a friend of
mine will host me, she is pure Kenyan! the only expensive thing is the safari,
and if I can lower even only the price of vehicle/driver/patrol it will be just
so good for me and my firend. That is why we are searching for other people. GO
to this website: www.tamasha-afrika.co.ke
the guy who is organizing my safari is a friend of my friend and I trus thim when
he says the price can be lowered, and after all you can see it on his website as
well.
Thank you very much
Angelo.

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Liz

In message
Angelo wrote:

I have already booked and paid my flight, and I dont pay hotel cause a friend of
mine will host me, she is pure Kenyan! the only expensive thing is the safari,
and if I can lower even only the price of vehicle/driver/patrol it will be just
so good for me and my firend. That is why we are searching for other people.

ah - so you'll be staying at your friend's house and just going for day
trips into the park?
In that case you will save money *if* you can find someone to share.
But it's not so attractive for others. Usually when on safari you stay in
the parks for ambience and so that you can have the best game viewing in
early morning and late afternoon.

If you're staying in or near Nairobi, and you haven't already found others
to share with, you could try posting at the Thorn Tree Cafe at the New
Stanley Hotel: in fact, maybe your friend could post there for you a few
days before you arrive.

Liz

Old November 4th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Hans-Georg Michna

Angelo wrote:

www.tamasha-afrika.co.ke

Angelo,

thanks for the web link. I find the following table there (a bit
distorted here in plain text, but still readable).

Prices are Per Person Sharing 2 Pax 3 Pax 4 Pax 5 Pax 6 Pax
Single R S
High Season 960USD 912USD 864USD 816USD 768USD 120USD
Low Season 862USD 820USD 776USD 734USD 690USD 90USD
Low Season 01/04/04 to 30/06/04 Single R S = Single Room
Supplement
High Season (01/07/03 to 15th/12/03) AND ( 04th/01/04 to
31/03/04)

The savings probably come from sharing the car. Makes sense, but
as I suspected, the savings aren't overwhelming. Still, you'd
save some.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.