Do all airlines have a two drink maximum?

Old March 16th, 2004, 12:43 AM
maryanne kehoe

Default Do all airlines have a two drink maximum?

Why do some duty free shops bring your purchases to the jetway, other
airports allow you to take your purchases immidiate with you?

Do all airlines have a two drink maximum?

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Thu, Mar 11, 2004, 4:01am (EST+5) From:
(Frank=A0F.=A0Matthews)
I think that you can bring it you just cannot consume it. The duty free
shops would be ****ed if they could not sell booze. FFM
BFSON wrote:
You cannot bring your own alcohol onto US flights. FAA regulations
prohibit it.

Old March 16th, 2004, 12:45 AM
maryanne kehoe

LOL!! Similar thing happened to me on Air France several years ago!

Cheers!

Do all airlines have a two drink maximum?

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Sat, Mar 13, 2004, 4:54pm (EST+5) From:
(Not=A0the=A0Karl=A0Orff)
In article , "freeda"
wrote:
What about for longer flights? Can you bring your own alcohol onboard if
it's not in
glassware?
I remember extracting 5 beers and and a very large whisky from TAP staff
on a 2 hour flight from LHR-OPO.
A few years ago, I flew AA CDG-JFk in the back. Asked for red wine and
the gave me 2 1/4 or 200 ml bottles of bourdeaux. Was a very quiet pax
for a few hours after that.

Old March 17th, 2004, 03:02 AM

(maryanne kehoe) wrote

Why do some duty free shops bring your purchases to the jetway, other
airports allow you to take your purchases immidiate with you?

All to do with making sure your duty free purchases fly abroad with
you and do not find their way back landside.
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Not the Karl Orff

Default International flights from domestic terminals (was: Do all airlines have a two drink maximum?)

In article ,
Ulf Kutzner wrote:

Hmmm. Also to Europe? How can visa waiver tourists leave their
immigration card?

Airline staff are supposed to take it