To Spain via Stansted and Heathrow: Itinerary help?

Old January 8th, 2007, 01:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.local.london
Gnomo

Default To Spain via Stansted and Heathrow: Itinerary help?

"Jen" wrote ...
definitely be taking the Heathrow Connect. Is it safe to assume that we
will be able to purchase the tickets at a kiosk in or outside the airport?

I only know for sure of one ticket office, but I'm a foreigner like you
and I don't know the airport too well. To reach it, just follow indications
for the Express station at Terminals 2-3, AKA Central Terminal Area,
level -1 or whatever the underground level is called:

http://www.heathrowexpress.com/content.asp?SID={8BD21347-F101-4DB7-A362-2FE4
736FC3BD}&pageid=96

You'll eventually reach an aisle giving access to
the escalators and lifts that go down to the train platforms;
on the right side of it there's a ticket desk
selling both Express and Connect tickets
(open from 4:30 AM to midnight IIRC).

You'll also see several automatic ticket machines along the way,
but last time I was there they only sold Express tickets;
I hope Connect tickets will be added soon.

Once you got your tickets, just go down to the platforms
(the same for Express and Connect) and check the displays.

HTH

--
Gnomo

Old January 9th, 2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.local.london
ALAN HARRISON

"Jen" wrote in message
ups.com...

Gnomo wrote:
"Jen" wrote ...
Arrive at London Heathrow. Take the Heathrow Express to Paddington

Not sure it has already been suggested, but there's a new option beside
Tube
and Express: the Heathrow Connect train to Paddington:

http://www.heathrowconnect.com/

This is awesome! What a great resource. The Heathrow Express is so
wonderful but it's SO hard to cough up that much money for it. We will
definitely be taking the Heathrow Connect. Is it safe to assume that we
will be able to purchase the tickets at a kiosk in or outside the
airport? We are flying British Airways and I'm not sure what terminal
it lands in.

Note that Heathrow Connect operates only from the station jointly serving
Terminals 1, 2 and 3. If your flight lands at T$ you can transfer free
between terminals on Heathrow Express. Heathrow Connect also operates as a
normal commuter service, calling at all stations from Hayes & Harlington to
Ealing Broadway. This is unlikely to be a problem on a jouney TO Paddington,
but outward trains in theevning rush hour can be pretty crowded.

Alan Harrison