travel to Kenya - Lamu

Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
riverman

Oh, now you gone and done it. You woke up the tour guides!

--riverman

(They're YOUR problem now...)

Old September 27th, 2005, 02:50 PM
joseking

Naivasha is situated just near Nakuru. Usually we have what we call
Kongoni safari that goes for one week.
1st day Treetops
2nd day Nakuru
3rd day Naivasha
4th day Maasai mara
5th day Maasai mara
6th day Nairobi(Mamba village (lunch) +Karen Blixen museum(out of
africa movie fame)+ carnivore dinner.

Old September 28th, 2005, 11:41 AM
joseking

yeeh Samburu is cool but's it very hot but very interesting did you try
Amboseli?

Old September 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
joseking

Yep i agree but in every National park in Kenya we got something
special for instance in the lake Nakuru we have the Rothschild's
giraffe not found anywhere else. did you go there?

Old September 28th, 2005, 11:45 AM
joseking

Yes it's lake Naivasha if you have been there maybe you can try lake
Bogoria also in the Rift valley famous for it's hot springs.

Old September 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Liz

In message .com
"joseking" wrote:

yeeh Samburu is cool but's it very hot but very interesting did you try
Amboseli?

I suppose you're talking to me? (It's hard to tell if you ship
everything)
I've been to Amboseli three times and very much like it. I haven't any
gerenuk there yet, but I saw a (very) few in Tsavo East.

I just think that people on a shorter safari would be better going to
Samburu/Buffalo springs as a contrast with the Mara.

Just my 2p-worth.

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz: http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:06 PM
joseking

so how many have you been to Kenya? it seem you know much about our
beautiful country.

Old September 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Pat Anderson

In message .com,
joseking writes
so how many have you been to Kenya? it seem you know much about our
beautiful country.

Josie,
We spent several years in Kenya whilst my husband was working there,
first on the Lower Tana and then on the Upper Tana. We know Malindi
and Nairobi well and have been on safari to most game parks and
reserves except Tsavo. We lived at a place called Kamburu where we
could see Mount Kenya from the verandah, I will never forget how
wonderful the sight of the mountain was!
Kenya is a beautiful country with friendly people and so much
diversity.
Patricia.
--
Pat Anderson
Old September 30th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Laurent Pineau

joseking wrote:

Yes it's lake Naivasha if you have been there maybe you can try lake
Bogoria also in the Rift valley famous for it's hot springs.

Never been in lake Naivasha; Just passed by on my way from Nairobi to
lake Nakuru National Park on july 2004... If anyone want to see some of
the pictures I took during my first Safari :
http://hakenyamatata.projectclonefive.org/galeries/
(sorry, my website is in french but image language is
international !) ;^)

I planed to go back in Kenya on july 2006 and this time I wish to visit
all of them : Baringo, Bogoria, Nakuru (again) & Naivasha.

NoNo.

--
Anyway The Wind Blows...
Old November 25th, 2005, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.africa,soc.culture.kenya

Default travel to Kenya - Lamu

erer
wrote in message
oups.com...
i think been in the tourism industry for a long time in kenya i think
the best places you should visit are the Maasai Mara (first choice
destination for any tourist visiting in Kenya),Nauvasha,Nakuru and
Aberdares(Treetops) what do you think?