Micks trip to the apahilippines

Old October 14th, 2007, 08:06 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Mick Cant

Default Micks trip to the apahilippines

Hi all,
Just to say thank you to those who helped with my many worries
regarding my trip the Philippines.
I flew from London Heathrow via the UAE to Manila had a two night stay there
then caught the internal flight to
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY.
I was surprised at just how poor the out of town area's were but found the
Philippines a lovely place with mostly friendly people.
We went to Camiguin Island and stayed at the Paris Beach Resort for two
nights, there is a beach island about a mile off shore that was the best
beach I have ever been on, the water was superb to swim in, and we had a
barbecue there also.

I shall be returning,
Thanks again,
Mick.

Old October 14th, 2007, 11:13 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Mick Cant says...
Hi all,
Just to say thank you to those who helped with my many worries
regarding my trip the Philippines.
I flew from London Heathrow via the UAE to Manila had a two night stay there
then caught the internal flight to
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY.
I was surprised at just how poor the out of town area's were but found the
Philippines a lovely place with mostly friendly people.
We went to Camiguin Island and stayed at the Paris Beach Resort for two
nights, there is a beach island about a mile off shore that was the best
beach I have ever been on, the water was superb to swim in, and we had a
barbecue there also.

How did you find Manila? Anything interesting to see?

How did you get to Camiguin - on a package or did you arrange everything
yourself? How much did you spend?
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 14th, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
LarbGai

On Oct 14, 11:13 pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
How did you find Manila?

*****Just jumped off the plane and there it was......

Old October 15th, 2007, 12:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
RAK

"LarbGai" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 14, 11:13 pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
How did you find Manila?

*****Just jumped off the plane and there it was......

Or to paraphrase Ringo... turned right at Hong Kong

Old October 16th, 2007, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Mick Cant

"Alfr How did you find Manila? Anything interesting to see?

How did you get to Camiguin - on a package or did you arrange everything
yourself? How much did you spend?
ed Molon" wrote in message

Hi Alfred,
I was apprensive about Manila airport because of what my son
said about it when he went through there, but found the staff made sure I
was met by the transfer to hotel transport I had booked, I was concerned
because despite my mobile phone network being on roam, could not contact my
girlfriend who I was hoping to meet there, the man at the airport phoned her
on his phone and arranged for the car driver to pick her up at the internal
airport terminal on our way.

We liked Manila, the shops were very smart and pleasant to be in.
We went to the Luneta Park in Manila and found that enjoyable and well kept.
Out transfer car arrived on time to take us to the internal airport and we
had an enjoyable flight to Cagayan De Ora .

The purpose of the trip for me was to meet my girl friend and her family,
she had arranged for her brother in law to take us to Camiguin Island in his
mini bus.
I knew I was paying the cost of ten of us going there, and was pleasantly
surprised when it all came to around 250 pounds for the two night stay at:
Camigun Island Paras Beach Resort, in a family chalet during the three day
trip, we explored a fair bit on Camiguin, including the sunken church, the
hot springs, and Ratibawasali Falls if I have spelt it right!

Mick.