Favorite eating places near Hyde Park/Kinston NY?

Old September 24th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Henry B.

Default Favorite eating places near Hyde Park/Kinston NY?

Thanks in advance for advice on reasonably priced places

--
Hank

Old September 25th, 2003, 03:58 PM
thegourleys

"Henry B." wrote in message
Thanks in advance for advice on reasonably priced places

--
Hank

Hi Henry,
I came back from Kingston a few weeks ago. There is a place called
Mariner's Harbor located down by the waterfront marina. Great seafood.
Dinner (salad,entree,coffee,and 2 beers, no dessert was @ $32. They have an
enclosed porch area outside,but you would have to reserve early and ask to
be seated as close to the water as possible (still a couple of hundred
feet). There are quite a few other restaurants there within about 3 blocks
walking distance. There are also a couple of boats to sightsee at the
marina. I think we paid $20 for a 2 hour cruise of the Hudson River.

Good luck,
Bill

Old September 25th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Bailey Lori

"thegourleys" writes:

"Henry B." wrote in message
Thanks in advance for advice on reasonably priced places

--
Hank

Hi Henry,
I came back from Kingston a few weeks ago. There is a place called
Mariner's Harbor located down by the waterfront marina. Great seafood.
Dinner (salad,entree,coffee,and 2 beers, no dessert was @ $32. They have an
enclosed porch area outside,but you would have to reserve early and ask to
be seated as close to the water as possible (still a couple of hundred
feet). There are quite a few other restaurants there within about 3 blocks
walking distance. There are also a couple of boats to sightsee at the
marina. I think we paid $20 for a 2 hour cruise of the Hudson River.

Good luck,
Bill

If you find yourself in Uptown Kingston, try the Hoffman House (historical
17th century building) or Deising's across the street (for breakfast or
lunch - best bakery ever!). Both have outdoor patios which is a nice
option in good weather :-).
Old September 26th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Greg Johnson

Hyde Park is home to the Culinary Institute of America, the premier
training facility for chefs in the nation. They have a number of
restaurants open to the public; casual to haute cuisine. Some need
reservations but not all, if memory serves me well. I would think that
their website tells all.