San Diego hotels query

Old August 18th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Felix Oscar

Default San Diego hotels query

Can you recommend a cheaper hotel in San Diego?
I was going to try Comfort Inn since the Comfort Inn in Portland was pretty good.
Old August 19th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Brian

Felix Oscar wrote:
Can you recommend a cheaper hotel in San Diego?
I was going to try Comfort Inn since the Comfort Inn in Portland was pretty good.

Nothing is affordable right now. Even the scummy places are advertising
$80.00 rooms.

If I were to stay the night here, I'd shoot for Old Town. It's a bit
touristy, but very walkable, clean, safe, and it's got the Old Town
Mexican Cafe. It's also central. Holiday Inn Express / Old Town
looks like a good deal. It used to be a Ramada I believe. My parents
stayed there once and really enjoyed themselves.

Short of that, I'd look at La Jolla, preferably the cheaper UCSD/UTC
area. But it's going to cost.

I would avoid anything south of I-8.

Old August 19th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Nile

Can you recommend a cheaper hotel in San Diego?

The downtown Howard Johnson's wasn't bad, a few years ago. It's within
walking distance of everything downtown; the Embarcadero, Gaslight
district, etc.

Old August 19th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Doug McClure

Why not try Priceline, ask for a 4-star hotel, give them the price for
the Comfort Inn, and see what happens?

DKM

On 18 Aug 2004 09:27:29 -0700, (Felix Oscar) wrote:

Can you recommend a cheaper hotel in San Diego?
I was going to try Comfort Inn since the Comfort Inn in Portland was pretty good.

To contact me directly, send EMAIL to (single letters all)
DEE_KAY_EMM AT EarthLink.net. [For example
.]

Old August 19th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Christina

Courtyard by Marriott is good, I can't remember the name of the one I
stayed at, But holding a marriott frequent stay card, it was less than
$65 a night. And VERY nice....
Old August 19th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Christina

it was the courtyard something like "kyocera center" maybe im not on
it with the name but it was something LIKE that....was real convenient
to sea world and zoo too (we were driving tho)
Old August 19th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Christina