White house visit

Old August 20th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Mads Vestergaard

Default White house visit

Hi

I am thinking of going to USA next year I would like to know if the White
House has visitor tours and if they have how do I buy tickets.

Thanks in advance

Mads Vestergaard
Denmark.

Old August 20th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Juliana L Holm

Mads Vestergaard wrote:
Hi

I am thinking of going to USA next year I would like to know if the White
House has visitor tours and if they have how do I buy tickets.

Tours of the White House have been very strictly limited since 9/11/2001.

From their web site:

"Public tours of the White House are available for groups of 10 or more
people. Requests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress and are
accepted up to six months in advance. These self-guided tours are available
from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday (excluding federal
holidays), and are scheduled on a first come, first served basis approximately
one month in advance of the requested date. We encourage you to submit
your request as early as possible since a limited number of tours are
available. All White House tours are free of charge. For the most current
tour information, please call the 24-hour line at 202-456-7041. Please note
that White House tours may be subject to last minute cancellation."

It would appear that you need to get an American to arrange the tour with
you and 9 others, at least a month in advance via their member of congress.

Julie

--
Julie
**********

Old August 20th, 2004, 10:01 PM
PeterL

"Mads Vestergaard" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I am thinking of going to USA next year I would like to know if the White
House has visitor tours and if they have how do I buy tickets.

The tour is free, but apparently one has to make advanced reservations
through a member of the Congress. I wonder if there are tours arranged by
tour companies.

Here is one:

http://www.whitehousetours.com/daytour.htm

I'll bet when you get to your hotel you'll find brochures for White House
tours.

Thanks in advance

Mads Vestergaard
Denmark.

Old August 21st, 2004, 02:23 AM
Paul E. Lehmann

Mads Vestergaard wrote:

Hi

I am thinking of going to USA next year I would like to know if the White
House has visitor tours and if they have how do I buy tickets.

Thanks in advance

Mads Vestergaard
Denmark.

America has the seige mentality. You can't even walk down Pennsylvania
Avenue near the White House anymore.

In short, the terrorist are winning without even firing a shot since 911.

George Bush gave a short campaign talk in Martinsburg, WV. a couple days
ago. Interstate 81 (A MAJOR highway) was closed down in BOTH directions
miles from the small football field where he was talking. The MARC
commuter train was not permitted to go beyond Harper's Ferry thereby
stranding many commuters. The security (for the president) now days is
extraordinary. He has to be one of the most targeted individuals in the
world today. I feel sorry for the secret service who has to protect his
sorry ass. Forget about getting close to the White House - unless you have
MAJOR bucks to contribute to Bush's campaign.

Old August 21st, 2004, 04:10 AM
JamesStep

Forget about getting close to the White House -
unless you have MAJOR bucks to contribute to
Bush's campaign.

Tickets are free. Thousands of people with all kinds of
political beliefs tour the White House every year. It's
a great experience regardless of whether you happen to
agree or disagree with the current administration.

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-

Old August 21st, 2004, 12:09 PM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"Mads Vestergaard" wrote:

Hi

I am thinking of going to USA next year I would like to know if the White
House has visitor tours and if they have how do I buy tickets.

Everything you need to know about the White House is available
on http://www.whitehouse.gov which is the official web site
for the White House.