Flights during the Xmas season: Booking situation?

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Uwe Schwertfeger

Default Flights during the Xmas season: Booking situation?

Hi there!

Maybe a silly question, but how "severe" is the booking situation for
flights during the Xmas days in North America normally? I mean when at
the latest do you have to make up your mind to do the booking in order
to get a seat for sure?

The leg in question would be a round trip from Vancouver Island/Canada
to Chicago/USA between Dec 19 and Jan 2. When would you do your booking?

Thanks!

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Dave Smith

Uwe Schwertfeger wrote:

Hi there!

Maybe a silly question, but how "severe" is the booking situation for
flights during the Xmas days in North America normally? I mean when at
the latest do you have to make up your mind to do the booking in order
to get a seat for sure?

The leg in question would be a round trip from Vancouver Island/Canada
to Chicago/USA between Dec 19 and Jan 2. When would you do

I would start looking now. That is one of the busiest air travel times of
the year. Schools are closed from before Christmas until after New Years.
There will be a l lot of college and university students heading home for
the holidays, and a lot of families head south for a few weeks of sunshine.

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:49 PM
PeterL

"Uwe Schwertfeger" wrote in message
Hi there!

Maybe a silly question, but how "severe" is the booking situation for
flights during the Xmas days in North America normally? I mean when at
the latest do you have to make up your mind to do the booking in order
to get a seat for sure?

The leg in question would be a round trip from Vancouver Island/Canada
to Chicago/USA between Dec 19 and Jan 2. When would you do your booking?

I don't know when you really have to book, but there aren't going to be any
discounts, so I guess the sooner the better. If you can avoid flying Dec.
23 or 24 or 31, it would be better. Christmas day should be no problem at
all.

Thanks!

Old August 25th, 2004, 08:41 PM
jcoulter

Uwe Schwertfeger wrote in news:2p43ucFgm0d4U1@uni-
berlin.de:

Hi there!

Maybe a silly question, but how "severe" is the booking situation for
flights during the Xmas days in North America normally? I mean when at
the latest do you have to make up your mind to do the booking in order
to get a seat for sure?

The leg in question would be a round trip from Vancouver Island/Canada
to Chicago/USA between Dec 19 and Jan 2. When would you do your booking?

Thanks!

Book now rates will not go down. Christmas day is an exception there are
sometimes rates for those who will fly on Christmas but in general grab
what you can. Note from Vancouver Island you may want to take a ferry to
Vancouver (city) on the mainland or to Seattle in the States. Seattle will
offer the best fares and connections.

Old August 25th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Richard

"Uwe Schwertfeger" wrote in message

The leg in question would be a round trip from Vancouver
Island/Canada to Chicago/USA between Dec 19 and Jan 2.
When would you do your booking?

If you don't mind leaving BC on Dec 25 and returning on Jan 1, I don't think
you'll have any problems at all, flights will probably be half-empty. You
could take a look at prices now but I think you could hold off on your
purchase for at least another 2 months if you wanted.

Richard

Old August 26th, 2004, 07:13 AM
BL

Uwe Schwertfeger wrote:

Hi there!

Maybe a silly question, but how "severe" is the booking situation for
flights during the Xmas days in North America normally? I mean when at
the latest do you have to make up your mind to do the booking in order
to get a seat for sure?

The leg in question would be a round trip from Vancouver Island/Canada
to Chicago/USA between Dec 19 and Jan 2. When would you do your booking?

Thanks!

I too would start searching for a flight now -- I've made the trip from
Edmonton AB to Chicago during that time period and found prices are
moderately cheaper the further in advance you book -- although from time
to time you can catch good flights last minute -- that is if you're
willing to fly out last minute.... Best of luck!

Brianne