Delta Queen Full Steam Ahead!

Old August 31st, 2005, 06:31 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Delta Queen Full Steam Ahead!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Delaware North Companies (parent
company of the Delta Queen Steamboat Company) and thought it would be
of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Delta Queen Steamboat Company Full Steam Ahead After Hurricane

The Delta Queen, American Queen and Mississippi Queen Boats Fully
Operational

BUFFALO, N.Y., Aug. 31
The Delta Queen Steamboat Company announced today that its three
authentic paddlewheel steamboats weathered the hurricane safe and
sound in their various up river ports and have continued on their
scheduled itineraries.

While the company's first priority has been focused on ensuring its
land- based associates are accounted for and safe, it also wanted to
alert the travel community that the business is still operational.

Bruce Nierenberg, President of the Delta Queen Steamboat Company
reached out to travel agents and the travel industry on Wednesday to
assure the various entities that all systems are still go for current
and future scheduled itineraries. He went on to state that if travel
agents or passengers have specific questions, they should contact the
reservations department.

"Fortunately, all three of the Delta Queen steamboats, its passengers
and our onboard crews, weathered the storm without any incident or
damage. The Delta Queen and the Mississippi Queen were up on the Ohio
River and the Upper Mississippi and out of harms way well up river
from New Orleans. The American Queen had left New Orleans for a trip
to Memphis several days before the storm hit the U.S. Our boats will
continue to operate on up river itineraries during the fall peak
season. Any future itinerary changes necessitated by the storm and its
aftermath will be communicated to the Travel Agents and our customers
as they are finalized.

As part of our established storm emergency plans we had relocated our
reservationists to Western New York at the global headquarters of our
parent company, Delaware North Companies," Nierenberg said.

Delta Queen reservations can be made by contacting your travel
professional.

About Delaware North Companies

Delaware North Companies is one of the world's leading hospitality and
food service providers. Its family of companies includes Delaware
North Companies Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Companies Gaming &
Entertainment, CA One Services, Delaware North Companies Sportservice,
Delaware North Companies International, TD Banknorth Garden, Delta
Queen Steamboat Company, and American Park 'n Swap. Delaware North
Companies is one of the largest privately held companies in the United
States with $1.7 billion in annual revenue and 30,000 associates
serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the
United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. For more information, visit
www.DelawareNorth.com.

Old August 31st, 2005, 08:22 PM
E.k.R.

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message

Bruce Nierenberg, President of the Delta Queen Steamboat Company
reached out to travel agents and the travel industry on Wednesday to
assure the various entities that all systems are still go for current
and future scheduled itineraries. He went on to state that if travel
agents or passengers have specific questions, they should contact the
reservations department.

Scary. Bruce Nierenberg as head of another cruise line. I did not realize
this. DQ will need all the help it can!

As part of our established storm emergency plans we had relocated our
reservationists to Western New York at the global headquarters of our
parent company, Delaware North Companies," Nierenberg said.

Exactly as I mentioned ... although I figured Delaware North headquarters
was in DE and not NY. Go figure.

Ernie

Old August 31st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:22:38 -0400, "E.k.R."
wrote:

Scary. Bruce Nierenberg as head of another cruise line. I did not realize
this. DQ will need all the help it can!

Hi Ernie,

I agree with you. BTW, Bruce has been there for quite some time.

Old August 31st, 2005, 10:46 PM
How B

E.k.R. wrote:

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message

Bruce Nierenberg, President of the Delta Queen Steamboat Company
reached out to travel agents and the travel industry on Wednesday to
assure the various entities that all systems are still go for current
and future scheduled itineraries. He went on to state that if travel
agents or passengers have specific questions, they should contact the
reservations department.

Scary. Bruce Nierenberg as head of another cruise line. I did not realize
this. DQ will need all the help it can!

You got that right. This is the guy who, on Sep 11 2000, denied rumors
that Premier Cruise lines was in trouble. Three days later, on 9/14,
they closed the doors.

And Ray wonders why I'm cynical... LOL

How B