AA economy seat pitch.

Old February 1st, 2006, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default AA economy seat pitch.

It was 31", than they had the more room in coach and increased it to 35".

They then put back the seats they had taken out and are now claiming, on their
web site, their seat pitch is 33"-34". Is this an accurate figure or has it
gone back to the original 31".

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
Old February 1st, 2006, 11:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Lansbury" wrote in message
It was 31", than they had the more room in coach and increased it to 35".

They then put back the seats they had taken out and are now claiming, on

their
web site, their seat pitch is 33"-34". Is this an accurate figure or has

it
gone back to the original 31".

On transatlantic a couple of weeks ago it felt like 33-34. It was definately
more than 31.

I'll give you another update next week :-)

Old February 1st, 2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in
reenews.net:

"Lansbury" wrote in message
It was 31", than they had the more room in coach and increased it to
35".

They then put back the seats they had taken out and are now claiming,
on

their
web site, their seat pitch is 33"-34". Is this an accurate figure or
has

it
gone back to the original 31".

On transatlantic a couple of weeks ago it felt like 33-34. It was
definately more than 31.

I'll give you another update next week :-)

It felt short to me when I flew to Buenos Aires 3 weeks ago. I was
definitely out of knee space.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old February 2nd, 2006, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air

"Lansbury" wrote in message
It was 31", than they had the more room in coach and increased it to
35".

They then put back the seats they had taken out and are now
claiming, on their
web site, their seat pitch is 33"-34". Is this an accurate figure or
has it
gone back to the original 31".

The AA 757s I rode to and in the Caribbean last May must have been
33-34". Plenty of knee space. I've had knees-in-seat-in-front
experience on United 747 and the AA 757 had a lot more space.

Old February 2nd, 2006, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message
reenews.net...

On transatlantic a couple of weeks ago it felt like 33-34. It was
definately
more than 31.

I'll give you another update next week :-)

You are a glutten for punishment. No way would I contemplate flying long
haul across timezones in Y at the frequency you do. Either you're paid
substantially to do it or the person you see at the other end must be worth
it!

Cheers, Howard

Old February 3rd, 2006, 05:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air

"Howard Long" wrote in message
"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message
reenews.net...

On transatlantic a couple of weeks ago it felt like 33-34. It was
definately
more than 31.

I'll give you another update next week :-)

You are a glutten for punishment. No way would I contemplate flying long
haul across timezones in Y at the frequency you do. Either you're paid
substantially to do it or the person you see at the other end must be

worth
it!

Cheers, Howard

I'm paid pretty well for sitting in the air watching movies and reading
books :-)

3 days in the air this week, 1.5 days working, 0.5 days at the beach in LA
all for a weeks pay.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 08:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Robert J Carpenter" wrote in message

"Lansbury" wrote in message
It was 31", than they had the more room in coach and increased it to 35".

They then put back the seats they had taken out and are now claiming, on
their
web site, their seat pitch is 33"-34". Is this an accurate figure or has
it
gone back to the original 31".

The AA 757s I rode to and in the Caribbean last May must have been 33-34".
Plenty of knee space. I've had knees-in-seat-in-front experience on
United 747 and the AA 757 had a lot more space.

Or it did til they got rid of "More Room Throughout Coach." They're the
same 31" as everyone else now.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Jeff Hacker" wrote in message
m...

"Robert J Carpenter" wrote in message

The AA 757s I rode to and in the Caribbean last May must have been
33-34". Plenty of knee space. I've had knees-in-seat-in-front
experience on United 747 and the AA 757 had a lot more space.

Or it did til they got rid of "More Room Throughout Coach." They're
the same 31" as everyone else now.

My lastest AA 757 experiences were four segments in May 2005. Please
explain your contention that they have 31" pitch. Other airlines such
as Southwest have more than 31" and I've ridden them recently and it's
true.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Produc...s_americas.htm [Which I
think is old data before AA went back to denser seating.]

Old February 3rd, 2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air

My lastest AA 757 experiences were four segments in May 2005. Please
explain your contention that they have 31" pitch.

It's true. Look at the seat maps at www.seatguru.com.

At this point, the only domestic coach seats I know of with decent
space for us non-midgets are UA's Economy Plus and maybe Midwest's
Signature service.

R's,
John