Thinking of small private wedding in one of the resort....suggestions?

Old April 27th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Art

Default Thinking of small private wedding in one of the resort....suggestions?

I was thinking of having small private wedding in one of the resorts. Nothing fancy, but something nice and simple but memorably only with direct family members present. Which island/resort/hotel does one recommend? I am thinking of mid-late August?

Does the resort usually charge alot to perform these extra services? Does this service have to be planned a long time ahead?

Please offer some advice and info if you can?

Thanks in advance

Old April 27th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Robert \Doc\ Adelman, C.I.D.

"Art" wrote in message news:vFrjc.277743$oR5.273683@pd7tw3no...
I was thinking of having small private wedding in one of the resorts. Nothing fancy, but something nice and simple but memorably only with direct family members present. Which island/resort/hotel does one recommend? I am thinking of mid-late August?

Does the resort usually charge alot to perform these extra services? Does this service have to be planned a long time ahead?

Please offer some advice and info if you can?

Thanks in advance

Go to http://www.google.com and search using: caribbean weddings.

You will see a lot more information there than you might find here. Most of us have been married and may not want to encourage anyone, dunno Any poster here either has a limited experience (how many times you been married?) or is just referring you to something they've heard of or are selling. The info will be interesting, but maybe select your island... then re-post here?

First level considerations: ask various resorts or wedding arrangers if your nationality can easily be married there. Then ask for specifics as to the hoops you must jump through. They have this ready to send to you.

Secondarily- ask the resort or wedding planner for a package price list and ala carte list. I have seen people come down and get married, I have seen them melt the MasterCard. Either way, you're hitched.

Old April 27th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Dave

I was thinking of having small private wedding in one of the resorts. =
Nothing fancy, but something nice and simple but memorably only with =
direct family members present.

I can heartily recommend Coyaba Beach Club and Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

My wife and I were married there this past December. We had 16 guests fly in
for a few days stay, and my wife and I stayed an additional week for our
honeymoon.

Planning the ceremony was quite easy. Thanks to the internet, and a very
competent and experienced staff, our ceremony, the flowers, the post ceremony
cocktail party, and reception dinner all went perfectly. They arranged for our
officiant, handled the marriage license arrangements, photographers,
videographers, and accomodated our guests superbly, and were very efficient and
professional during the planning and execution of our special day. Many of our
guests were so impressed that they were planning their next trip there.

Coyaba is a small resort, with about 50 rooms, located 15 minutes from the
Sangster International Airport, the main "tourist" airport in Jamaica. The
facility is impeccably maintained, the food is outstanding, and the service is
excellent.

We had been to Coyaba twice before deciding it was where we were going to
celebrate our blessed event. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated, and most
have wonderful views. The beach is nice and quite spacious for a resort its
size. The pool is also spacious and well-maintained.

The food and the service are excellent. There's a nice selection of local
dishes and
international cuisine. The chef and the staff are really friendly too.

Coyaba offers an all-inclusive plan, and special wedding and honemoon packages
which were convenient for us in determining our budget for the honeymoon.

My wife and I highly recommend Coyaba, whether it's for your wedding,
honeymoon, or just a vacation.

http://www.coyabajamaica.com/

Dave and Barb

Old May 1st, 2004, 06:03 PM

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:41:15 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

I was thinking of having small private wedding in one of the resorts. Nothing fancy, but something nice and simple but memorably only with direct family members present. Which island/resort/hotel does one recommend? I am thinking of mid-late August?

That description neatly fits a wedding at The Old Fort Inn

http://www.oldfortbequia.com/weddings.htm

You can even rent out the entire property - all five rooms - (see the
"Villa Option")

Best wishes to you . . .

CaribeJoe - Moderator
Non-commercial My Caribbean.Info Forums
Free Caribbean Destination Directories
Free advice from Travel Writers
Post your own trip reports and photos
Hotel and Air Deals and Rough Guide Reports
http://www.mycaribbean.info
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:36 PM
nobody

Hi,

we got married at a villa in jamaica last summer.

we stayed at http://www.silver-sands.com in Endless Summer on the beach
and everything was great.

the plus to a villa vs say couples or sandals is kids and singles are
allowed... it's YOUR villa after all...

we brought out two little bridesmaids and my mother... so while we loved
Couples the year before it doesn't allow kids or singles.

ttyl

akia

--
Derringer Kit Sideplates