NOTICE: DON'T EAT AT CANADIAN RESTAURANTS

Old February 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,hfx.general,soc.culture.canada,misc.immigration.canada
wonderman

Default NOTICE: DON'T EAT AT CANADIAN RESTAURANTS

"John" wrote in message
On Feb 9, 6:29 pm, Steve wrote:
While in Toranto we dined at Actuel, 1194 Peel St, (At Ste-Catherine),
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tel: 514 866 1537 I was recovering from the flu and was taking some
heavy duty antibiotics. All of a sudden I felt a surge of explosive
diarrhea coming on and I rushed to the bathroom. I had my ass cheeks
clinched together and as I entered the bathroom I noticed that every
stall was filled. By this time I felt like I had a river ready to
spring from my ass. With only seconds of control left, I knew I had to
make some kind of decision or deal with my pants full of runny ****. I
dropped my pants and squatted over the urinal and let it go. A big
"BLAAAATT" sound followed by a river of brown water filled up the
urinal. About that time one of the stalls opened and it was one of the
restaurant employees that had been taking a ****. He stared at me and
walked out of the bathroom. I could hear him telling the other
employees that I was ****ting in the urinal. I wiped my ass, pulled up
my pants and flew out of the bathroom. I grabbed my wife's fork out of
her hand and pulled her up and said we have to leave now. I explained
on the way to the car. We never ate there again.

Thank you for this, from the bottom of my heart!
John

Dont you mean heart of your bottom

Old February 10th, 2009, 02:01 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,hfx.general,soc.culture.canada,misc.immigration.canada
tim.....

A tricky thing to aviod if you are on holiday in Canada

tim

Old February 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rudy[_1_]

Default NOTICE: DON'T EAT .. READ THE LABEL !

I was recovering from the flu and was taking some
heavy duty antibiotics. All of a sudden I felt a surge of explosive
diarrhea coming on

I am in the same boat re the Flu (taking HEAVY DUTY antibiotics)

It says right on the label that the pills MAY CAUSE SEVERE DIARRHEA OR
COLITIS while taking the pills or up to two weeks later and if so, to STOP
taking the pills. There are actually TWO similar warning labels on the vial
...one in Yellow and one in RED. It also says the same thing on the
information sheet from the pharmacy that's included with the mediaction.
This probably has nothing at all to do with the restaurant. With "Bad"
food, it usually takes some time for the bacteria/salmonella etc to act
on/in your digestive system.

BTW, your whinge was crossposted to numerous groups and I ve cut this reply
to ONE

Old February 11th, 2009, 01:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,hfx.general,soc.culture.canada,misc.immigration.canada
Alohacyberian

"Steve" wrote in message
Best wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
I grabbed my wife's fork out of
her hand and pulled her up and said we have to leave now. I explained
on the way to the car. We never ate there again.

*So, how does your taking heavy duty antibiotics, qualify you to tell
people
to not eat at any Canadian Restaurant????

Because that slop made me sick.

Do you somehow think this was
caused by the restaurant????

Absolutely.

And by the way, did you pay the bill?

Pay for the runs? You're kidding right?

First of all, it's a well-known fact that antibiotics can cause diarrhea
which in combination with your flu is very understandable. Had it been
caused by the food, your wife would have been in the bathroom as well. And
why millions of people take antibiotics for the flu is beyond me.
Antibiotics kill bacteria, common colds and flu are caused by viruses, not,
bacteria. And even dull school children should know that there's no cure
for common colds and flu and people who claim to feel better because of
antibiotics are merely demonstrating the placebo effect. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old February 11th, 2009, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike from Ottawa

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:01:33 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

A tricky thing to aviod if you are on holiday in Canada

tim

Right, and you go to a Montreal restaurant in Toronto...

Old February 11th, 2009, 06:29 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

wrote:

A tricky thing to aviod if you are on holiday in Canada

tim

Right, and you go to a Montreal restaurant in Toronto...

Well, if you can go to a Chinese restaurant in Calgary....

Old February 13th, 2009, 06:53 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mike from Ottawa

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:29:33 GMT, "Sharx35"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

A tricky thing to aviod if you are on holiday in Canada

tim

Right, and you go to a Montreal restaurant in Toronto...

Well, if you can go to a Chinese restaurant in Calgary....

OK, let's try "you can't go to Toronto to visit a restaurant in
Montreal."

Unless, of course, you have one of those Star Trek transporter
thingies in Toronto that can instantaneously zap you to Montreal.
Anyhow, with the current recession, they can't afford the fuel to run
it so it's been shut down.

Old February 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
tim.....

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

A tricky thing to aviod if you are on holiday in Canada

tim

Right, and you go to a Montreal restaurant in Toronto...

Well, if you can go to a Chinese restaurant in Calgary....

OK, let's try "you can't go to Toronto to visit a restaurant in
Montreal."

Where was this requirement invented?

The thing that I'm not supposed to do is:

DON'T EAT AT CANADIAN RESTAURANTS

No mention of any specific town was made

tim

Old February 13th, 2009, 01:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

wrote:

A tricky thing to aviod if you are on holiday in Canada

tim

Right, and you go to a Montreal restaurant in Toronto...

Well, if you can go to a Chinese restaurant in Calgary....

OK, let's try "you can't go to Toronto to visit a restaurant in
Montreal."

Where was this requirement invented?

The thing that I'm not supposed to do is:

DON'T EAT AT CANADIAN RESTAURANTS

No mention of any specific town was made

tim

Read the OP again. First line says they were in Toronto, and gave a
Montreal address for the restaurant.