Is easter island part of Chile??

Old February 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
KGB

Default Is easter island part of Chile??

Hi

Does anybody know what the entry formalities are when flying from
Chile to Easter Island?

The reason for asking is that my wife and I are shortly treating
ourselves to a "once in a lifetime" trip which includes flying from
Santiago (Chile) to Easter Island then on to Tahiti and NZ.

However, my British passport still has four years to run but is
already becoming worryingly short of space. I have contacted the UK
passport office, but apparently it is not possible to add pages to an
existing passport, it will mean buying a new one (If I had any sense I
should have bought a passport with more pages last time I renewed it,
but it is too late now).

If Easter Island is classed as part of Chile and I do not get another
stamp in my passport (i.e. I enter Chile via Santiago and exit Chile
at Easter Island) then I should have enough pages left for this trip;
but if Easter island requires a separate stamp in my passport, then I
am pushing things a bit close for comfort - I am assuming that each
countries entry stamp on our trip will require a double page in my
passport.

Regards

KGB

Old February 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air
sharx35

"KGB (KGB)" wrote in message
[...]

Google is your friend. Use it.

Old February 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Bert Hyman

In news:5ddml.12568$PH1.9818@edtnps82 "Sharx35"
wrote:

Google is your friend. Use it.

But this newsgroup is supposed to be full of friends too.

It's supposed to be a place where someone can go to find people who've
already experienced the situation they're asking about and provide
first-hand help.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old February 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air
KGB

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:44:49 GMT, "Sharx35"
wrote:

"KGB (KGB)" wrote in message
[...]

Been there, done that - can't find anything!!!!!!! 8^)

KGB

Old February 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Bobchai

On Feb 16, 7:26�am, "KGB" (KGB)
wrote:
Does anybody know what the entry formalities are when flying from
Chile to Easter Island?

I have visited countries where a passport stamp was a formality, and
other documentation proved your rights to visit.

That's with a US passport. I have no idea with a UK passport. I know
that your own country tends to scrutinise your activites on your re-
entry to Britain, but to answer your question about a visit to Easter
Island, Google may not have any information, but perhaps you could
send an e-mail to the consular off for Chile in your country.

I'll try to investigate further this morning. I'm new here, but I like
the content of this group.

Cheers

--Bob
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

"KGB" (KGB) wrote:

Does anybody know what the entry formalities are when flying from
Chile to Easter Island?

Easter Island is considered a special territory of Chile, and is governed
as if it is a province of hte country. Holders of British passports don't
need a visa to enter Chile, and there are no special entry requirements to
visit Easter Island from Chile.
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
sharx35

wrote:

"KGB (KGB)" wrote in message
[...]

Chile owns Easter Island, yes. You will probably need a visa.