Liberty of the Seas

Old June 16th, 2008, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Liberty of the Seas

My partner and I are sailing on Liberty of the Seas in mid-October to
the western Caribbean. We've been to all the ports except Montego Bay
and this is our first sailing on a Freedom-class ship.
Does anyone have any experience and/or advice on Montego Bay or
Liberty?
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

No big deal,stay on the ship

cruise lover

Old June 16th, 2008, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NWLB

I posted the full array of photos from my Liberty of the Seas Pre-
inaugural under the Liberty of the Seas section of my blog. You might
find them of interest.

http://cruiseaficionados.com/ca01/co...per/Itemid,39/

I'm waiting another week to cross-post it to my Royal Caribbean Blog,
as I have other member reviews running this week. But I can't say
enough about the ship, its a great ship to travel on, and you will
find lots to do, if you don't choose to get off the ship.

NWLB
www.CruiseAficionados.com
www.RoyalCaribbeanFan.com
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Jun 15, 8:06�pm, "
wrote:
My partner and I are sailing on Liberty of the Seas in mid-October to
the western Caribbean. �We've been to all the ports except Montego Bay
and this is our first sailing on a Freedom-class ship.
Does anyone have any experience and/or advice on Montego Bay or
Liberty?

If your looking for Pictures of the ship you can go over to www.cruiseoutlets.com
and there on the left side is pictures of the Liberty link and several
folks from RTC and others have put their photos up that you may like
to see! ITs a great ship and several of us from RTC are going on the
Freedom in December. looking forward to it.

Susette
Cruise outlets and travel
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

wrote in message
My partner and I are sailing on Liberty of the Seas in mid-October to
the western Caribbean. We've been to all the ports except Montego Bay
and this is our first sailing on a Freedom-class ship.
Does anyone have any experience and/or advice on Montego Bay or
Liberty?

You are taking an absolutely beautiful ship. Be sure to get tickets to the
Ice Show early as they go rapidly...No charge.. just needed so that you will
get a seat.
Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is not far from where the ship docks..Each
time we have been in Montego Bay, we have gone to Doctor's Cove Beach and
afterwards walked to Margaritaville. Montego Bay is poor but much better a
port than Ocho Rios.
Go to Susette's post here in this thread and click on the link that she
provided and you will find many albums of photos of the Liberty of the Seas
when we all went on her as the Viking Group last December.

--Jean

Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_2_]

Brian K wrote:

Montego Bay (called Mo' Bay by locals) has some very depressed sections
outside the many All Inclusive Resorts that pepper the area. Dun's Falls
is a bit of a ride away. Provided that you stay with a guide and are
very careful it can be a very fulfilling experience when you finally get
to the top. Sometimes there are peddlers there that get in your face
They can be both scary and annoying. Some AI provide day passes if you
just want to kick back and beach it. An advanced reservation may be
required at some.

A group of us went to the Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay. It is an
all inclusive resort, which includes the Pirate's Paradise Water Park,
which was way kewl. It was $40 for a day pass and there was a shuttle at
the port, the shuttle was $2-3 per person.

http://www.cruisemontegobay.com/

http://sunsetbeachresort.com/

http://sunsetbeachresort.com/waterpark.asp

We liked this place so much, we returned on a land cruise.

Becca
Old June 24th, 2008, 12:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Larry & Kim

On Jun 23, 10:38*am, Becca wrote:
Brian K wrote:
[...]

Dunn's Falls would be a really long drive (about 2 hr.). We were in
Montego Bay this last March and went River Rafting. It was
incredible! Here's the link to our tour: http://www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com/mbcruise.htm

Here's what it says about it:
Y.S. Falls and River Tubing
Travel through the mountains and local communities while your driver
tells to of our history and culture. Travel on to the beautiful Y.S.
Falls where the water cascades 120 ft into clear swimming holes. Cool
off and let the water do it magic, feel the tension just slide away.
Swing from the rope or climb the path to the top of the falls while a
guide tells you about the plants and natural history. Next we climb
into a giant inner tube and float gently down river to complete your
fun and relaxing day. Back through the mountains with a chance for a
quick stop at Margaritavilleor shopping before returning to the ship.
Cost $50 per adult & $45 per child (11 years and Under).
Includes all entrance fees (lunch not included).

We wound up not going to the Falls that day (was just four of us on
the tour) and instead went to a Resort after the tubing for lunch and
a swim in the pool. We got back in time to do a bit of shopping at
the port too. It was a fabulous day and I highly recommend it.

Here's another tour operator that has wonderful tours. We were torn
as to which place to use and Barrett gets high praise (as does A-Z) on
the cruise board that my wife frequents.

http://www.barrettadventures.com/page2.htm

Larry