Car Rental

Old February 9th, 2009, 04:53 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
xCo

Default Car Rental

Looking to rent a minivan for pickup and drop off at LAX from 11 - 25 May.
All online quotes I do now come back with rates around $900US for the total
rental. Does anyone have any discount codes for this period. Has anyone
used Enterprise, are their vehicle new or old?

Thanks

Old February 9th, 2009, 06:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]

"xCo" schrieb

Looking to rent a minivan for pickup and drop off at LAX from 11 - 25 May.
All online quotes I do now come back with rates around $900US for the
total rental.

Using www.bnm.com I get a rate of $749,68 from Alamo; Dollar, Thrifty and
Enterprise all quote $781 for this period and location.

Has anyone used Enterprise, are their vehicle new or old?

I'm not sure about Enterprise, but I don't remember getting an "old" car
from
any company.

Jochen

Old February 9th, 2009, 07:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

xCo wrote:
Looking to rent a minivan for pickup and drop off at LAX from 11 - 25 May.
All online quotes I do now come back with rates around $900US for the total
rental. Does anyone have any discount codes for this period. Has anyone
used Enterprise, are their vehicle new or old?

From Alamo I get $645.64 (inclusive of taxes and fees, but no extra
insurance) from:
"http://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=affil_costco_25off_coupon"

The Alamo coupons from the Entertainment book give the same discount.

I rented a minivan from Enterprise last year in SLC. It was fine. Since
I didn't reserve a van, and didn't want one due to the fuel costs at the
time, they gave me all sorts of discounts at pick-up time. When I
dropped the car off and told them of some minor problems they took more
off. I find that the rental agencies appreciate it if you tell them of
any problems, and will at least give you a coupon for a future rental.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

xCo wrote:
Looking to rent a minivan for pickup and drop off at LAX from 11 - 25 May.
All online quotes I do now come back with rates around $900US for the total
rental. Does anyone have any discount codes for this period. Has anyone
used Enterprise, are their vehicle new or old?

Thanks

Try FOX - I checked your dates - minivan about $270/week

http://tinyurl.com/c9dkty

I used FOX a year or so ago and they were fine.

--
===========================
Sawyer Nicknames http://sawyer.xtreemhost.com/
Old February 15th, 2009, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:26:00 -0800, SMS
wrote:

From Alamo I get $645.64 (inclusive of taxes and fees, but no extra
insurance) from:
"http://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=affil_costco_25off_coupon"

Alamo charges, or did, extra for some things other companies like Avis
don't like a second driver who is a spouse.

The Alamo coupons from the Entertainment book give the same discount.

I rented a minivan from Enterprise last year in SLC. It was fine. Since
I didn't reserve a van, and didn't want one due to the fuel costs at the
time, they gave me all sorts of discounts at pick-up time. When I
dropped the car off and told them of some minor problems they took more
off. I find that the rental agencies appreciate it if you tell them of
any problems, and will at least give you a coupon for a future rental.

When we have rented from Enterprise, they were OK but also had
additional charges others included. Of course if there is only one
driver it wouldn't matter but there may be other unexpected charges
from Enterprise or Alamo.

Old February 16th, 2009, 06:22 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]

"Brian" schrieb

Alamo charges, or did, extra for some things other companies like
Avis don't like a second driver who is a spouse.

Do you carry your marriage certificate with you? How do you
prove it's your spouse?

Just out of pure curiosity, because some company - I don't remember
which one - once accepted my sister as a second driver free of
charge (same surname), but not her husband (different name and,
to make things worse, different nationality) - I assume they charge
or don't charge whoever they like, whatever they like.

Jochen
Old February 16th, 2009, 06:47 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Jochen Kriegerowski" wrote in message
"Brian" schrieb

Alamo charges, or did, extra for some things other companies like
Avis don't like a second driver who is a spouse.

Do you carry your marriage certificate with you? How do you
prove it's your spouse?

Just out of pure curiosity, because some company - I don't remember
which one - once accepted my sister as a second driver free of
charge (same surname), but not her husband (different name and,
to make things worse, different nationality) - I assume they charge
or don't charge whoever they like, whatever they like.

Jochen

We call it free enterprise: they are free to decline your business and YOU
are free to look elsewhere to rent a vehicle.

Old February 17th, 2009, 01:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:22:00 +0100, "Jochen Kriegerowski"
wrote:

Do you carry your marriage certificate with you? How do you
prove it's your spouse?

Just out of pure curiosity, because some company - I don't remember
which one - once accepted my sister as a second driver free of
charge (same surname), but not her husband (different name and,
to make things worse, different nationality) - I assume they charge
or don't charge whoever they like, whatever they like.

Jochen

Avis and others have never asked us for proof but Alamo and Enterprise
have charged extra for any additional driver. I suspect Avis, etc.
have some way of knowing from past rentals. Often only one person is
asked for a license. But we look honest. G

I don't know the answer to your questions.

Old July 9th, 2009, 12:53 PM
sumit sumit is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCo View Post
Looking to rent a minivan for pickup and drop off at LAX from 11 - 25 May.
All online quotes I do now come back with rates around $900US for the total
rental. Does anyone have any discount codes for this period. Has anyone
used Enterprise, are their vehicle new or old?

Thanks
For those who have to travel,rent a car ,golfing or booking
car hire services for Spain ,vacation holiday packages,
business travel,at economical prices