Yellowstone Trip

Old February 17th, 2009, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
greger2626

Default Yellowstone Trip

Hello,

My girlfriend and myself are looking to go to Yellowstone National Park
in late July. We are curious as to where is the best or one of the best
camping spots as we plan to camp out for part of our vacation and then
what is the best airport to fly into to go to Yellowstone.

Thank you.

--
greger2626
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old February 17th, 2009, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

camp in a couple of different ones......

if you plan on seeing the whole park, the drives become adventures in
themselves.....

we enjoyed doing the loop over and over, and you might as well too,
but we both agreed the best move we made was to set up camp in 3
different places.......

Old February 18th, 2009, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"greger2626" wrote in message

Hello,

My girlfriend and myself are looking to go to Yellowstone National Park
in late July. We are curious as to where is the best or one of the best
camping spots as we plan to camp out for part of our vacation and then
what is the best airport to fly into to go to Yellowstone.

Thank you.

--
greger2626
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Large mammals, such as bears, are known to be attracted to menstruating
persons. Time your trip accordingly.

Old February 18th, 2009, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:18:27 GMT, "Sharx35"
wrote:

"greger2626" wrote in message

Hello,

My girlfriend and myself are looking to go to Yellowstone National Park
in late July. We are curious as to where is the best or one of the best
camping spots as we plan to camp out for part of our vacation and then
what is the best airport to fly into to go to Yellowstone.

Thank you.

--
greger2626
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Large mammals, such as bears, are known to be attracted to menstruating
persons. Time your trip accordingly.

Well ! that could be a good warning....

Old February 18th, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dymphna

If you go to the Montana government page you can get links to some of
those. Sign up for the package where the governor sends you a package -
it has a bunch of coupons for discounts all over the state.

'Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)'
(http://www.nps.gov/yell/)

As a native of the state I will warn you to make reservations at the
campgrounds months in advance. They are primary by reservation only
anymore. It might not be too bad, as the economy is in a down turn.

Also if you look for websites of the small town, such as West
Yellowstone, you can find motels that are nice for a really low price.
Hope that helps.

--
Dymphna
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dymphna[_4_]

Thanks for going and putting in the web site to the park.

--
Dymphna
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old February 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Feb 17, 3:10*pm, greger2626 greger2626.3nr...@no-
mx.forums.travel.com wrote:
Hello,

My girlfriend and myself are looking to go to Yellowstone National Park
in late July. *We are curious as to where is the best or one of the best
camping spots

If you are interested in geysers, consider camping at Madison GC in
the park.

More than 200 sites, almost all RV's, so it ain't backpacking. But
there will be a quiet space for a tent. And it's only about 12 miles
north of geyser basin.