Feedback on West coast trip route

Old July 13th, 2006, 07:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hanuman

Default Feedback on West coast trip route

for your las vegas and san francisco stay you might find things to do
and attractions to visit on the way at this website:
http://www.tripcart.com/usa-regions/Las-Vegas.aspx
http://www.tripcart.com/usa-regions/...nia-Coast.aspx
don't forget to look at their travel guide when you visit.

Danny Liberty wrote:
Hi,

I think I've finalized my West coast trip plan, just wanted to get some
feedback / comments on it. Any suggestions or improvements would be
greatly appreciated...

1. Depart from New York, arrive at Las Vegas. Stay for 3 days (2
nights).
2. Flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Rent a car, spend 4 days in LA
(including 1 day of Six Flags).
3. Leave LA in the morning, drive to Santa Barbara, stop there for 2-3
hours.
4. Drive to Hearst Castle, 2-3 hour visit.
5. Drive to Carmel, stay for the night.
6. Leave Carmel in morning, take the 17-mile drive.
7. Drive to Gilroy, stop for some outlet shopping.
8. Drive to San Fransisco (arriving at night), stay an additional 4
full days in SF.
9. Back home

This trip was planned with an average of 12 days available. I can
squeeze another 1-3 days if a nice improvement / addition can be
made...

Thanks in advance to all who can help.

Danny

Old July 14th, 2006, 12:40 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Danny Liberty

Ok, last question
What are the recommended areas to stay at in LA and SF?
(In LA I will have a car but in SF we'll use public transportation).

Thanks,

Danny

Old July 14th, 2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_1_]

Danny, lots of info already he
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/SleepEat.html and others have
offered

Depends what want to spend, what part of town, etc.
Browse here a bit - "FIND" or " search for"
'San Francisco Hotel Recommendations' from last week

or "SF HOTEL "
or San Francisco Hotel
etc

Read 'em over and also the links we posted here last week.
also www.hotels.com , site59.com , etc

Look at that munimap.pdf to learn the "parts of town", Trolley lines
etc. When you know what part of town you'd like to stay in , you'll be
able to browse thru http://www.sftravel.com/ and know the neighborhoods
you'd like to stay in.

ups.com...

Old July 14th, 2006, 12:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

Danny Liberty wrote:
What are the recommended areas to stay at in LA and SF?

For what I do in Los Angeles, I prefer Hollywood or Studio City.

Were I visiting here, I'd stay near Union Square.

(In LA I will have a car but in SF we'll use public transportation).

Wise choices.

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
"San Francisco is a pleasure. Los Angeles is a headache" Rita (NYC)
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

Old July 14th, 2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mimi[_1_]

"Danny Liberty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, last question
What are the recommended areas to stay at in LA and SF?
(In LA I will have a car but in SF we'll use public transportation).

In SF stay downtown around Union Square. In LA I like Santa Monica (beach
town) or Westwood Village (UCLA). However, those are sources of personal
memories. You might like to stay in Anaheim, close to Disneyland.

Marianne

Old July 15th, 2006, 11:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

- Bobb - wrote:
Same thing - you provided wrong link.

I DID find it on you're site at
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Grafix/MuniMap.pdf

Majorly revised the page today. Got rid o'the *.gif. Thank you for
your help. I hope it all works well now.

Maps: San Francisco; San Francisco Bay Area, Region; Flag
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Grafix/FlagMaps.html

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
One of (as of 2003) 751,682 residents of San Francisco.

Old July 15th, 2006, 01:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_1_]

Now MuniMap is fine, BUT ( may be this Pc I'm on ...)
For
Map of the PRESIDIO
and
John Collier's inaccurate-but-nice topographical Map.
and
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Grafix/F...e_Scenic_Drive
I only see " the big empty box with a Red X left in the upper left."
Maybe others can try it , as I'm leaving town for a few days.

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
.. .

Old July 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Danny Liberty

What about Fisherman's Wharf? Isn't it close to most of the
attractions?
Any reason to prefer Union Square?

Old July 16th, 2006, 10:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Danny Liberty wrote:
What about Fisherman's Wharf? Isn't it close to most of the
attractions?

No; just some.

Any reason to prefer Union Square?

It's the heart of town. You'll find many more of us in Union Square
than at The Wharf. There're countless reasons for that.

Old July 16th, 2006, 03:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mimi[_1_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
Danny Liberty wrote:
What about Fisherman's Wharf? Isn't it close to most of the
attractions?

No; just some.

Any reason to prefer Union Square?

It's the heart of town. You'll find many more of us in Union Square
than at The Wharf. There're countless reasons for that.

where to stay in San Francisco. Union Square/Downtown is also a
transportation hub, so it's easier to get around town from there.

I guess it also depends on what attractions attract you.

Marianne